2 questions
01-11-2020, (Subject: 2 questions ) 
RE: 2 questions
those company trucks have custom tunes made just for the company that tune also effects how the cruise works in most company trucks youll see if you dont touch the pedal you will lose 5-7mph before the cruise goes full chooch vs if you have your foot planted on the governor it goes straight to full chooch when you hit the hill. also companies dont give 2 sheets what shape that truck is in after 3 years if the liners are bouncing up and down in the cylinders who cares put it up for sale as a "well maintained" truck to the next slub that then loses their ass, company, kids/wife, life due to the "well maintained" truck.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farmer70
Good to know about the liners I learned that today. Didn’t know about the company custom tune, that makes sense. When you talk about the cylinders moving is that protrusion? Is the low RPM pulling the cylinders? Is that same reason Cats have cylinder protrusion?
replyreply
(01-11-2020 )farmer70 Wrote:  ...Is there a way to search past posts?...

There is a search bar located directly over the 'Gossip Box' on the left side. Punch in any key word(s) related to what you're searching for and it will bring up the results in a pop-up window.
replyreply
Also, take an hour or two and read "My Book" located in the top menu bar. Then browse through the "Articles" section. Many of your questions will be answered there. You'll also have more specific topics to try in the search box.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I stopped reading that garbage after it said today's engines are designed to run lower rpm...... um nope!

Fleets run low rpm to save fuel yes, but at the expense of the engine, which is why megas trade them off with such low km then owner operators buy them and go bankrupt a year later when its falling apart.

I have seen it over and again, owner ops operating low rpm and lugging thier Cummins because the dealers told them too, only to be comparing thier engines are pieces of crap when they are rebuilding them yet my trucks that ran high rpm just keep running and running and running.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne , farmer70
01-12-2020, (Subject: 2 questions ) 
(01-11-2020 )farmer70 Wrote:  {removed =-- BAD INFORMATION!}
Found this on search for proper driving techniques for a Cummins ISX. I’m not arguing with you guys I’m just find it interesting

See this is why I’m confused

Take it from an actual hypermiler -- that is some of the worst info I have seen yet. <- some dumbarsse fleet company driver must have wrote it!. =-- I deleted the link!.. not having garbage like that on my forum for others to spread around like a stale, mouldy sandwich.

here is some better info..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid13433
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid24378
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid41629

just for a perspective any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farmer70 , Brock
I’m pretty sure you’re right because the truck does seem to perform better above 1500. But the low RPM crap is stuck in my head. Thanks on your hyper miler post I was the cowboy type. I worked several years for a company that ran long hood Pete’s large cars. Wasn’t paid to get fuel mileage, it was paper log days, was paid to get it there. A lot of bad habits sat in. I always wondered how he made any money with trucks running like that? I’d leave out of western KS Saturday night and be sitting on the Port In Oakland California Monday morning. It was fun but lots of bad habits. That one post about no one using the C.B. Is right though I haven’t been OTR since 2006, when I was out there the road like i40 or I80 was like a rolling party. Don’t take this the wrong way about me wishing things would go back to the way the were,I deal with reality. But you have to admit dealing with this emissions crap is like the black market and how they used to do things in the U.S.S.R.. Bunch of government mandated B.S. I read your post about how trucks use more fuel because of this emissions crap, something like 42,000 gallons diesel in a million miles. I agree 100% I know you’re right. What really confuses me I thought you wanted a diesel to run warmer not cooler to get a better burn on your fuel. Thanks.
replyreply
Damn, I missed that link Rawze removed. I was curious what crap habits they are pushing these days. If someone can PM that link, I'd appreciate it. Sometimes knowing what bad habits people use can help a guy diagnose problems with the truck.
replyreply
Hauling 88-90klbs one way on fairly short runs and flat ground with 3.55 ratio on 11R24.5 I will get 5.2-6.0

If the weather and wind cooperate and I try my very best (65mph) I can get into the low 6's during the warmer months. I do not run the most fuel efficient tire, if the wind is bad it plummets, now with winter and cold ambients and winter blended fuel it will be in the low to mid 5's.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.