Ddec6 turbo speed code
01-12-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
Ddec6 turbo speed code
We have a 2010 series 60 demandated with MB programming was running good for two months after reprogramming bad delete. The truck does gravel work pulling heavy it’s a 14 litre set at 535 ish hp./1850 torque. So it started to intermittently throw a cel, blow black smoke and no boost. Turns out code is for turbo speed.(not sure if it’s over speed or what as I haven’t seen it yet). Key off then back on and it returns to normal.

Where to start? Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks for now I’ll try and get more info on here as I get it.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
RE: Ddec6 turbo speed code
it's possible your exhaust is plugged somewhere, that can cause the symptoms your having. unhook the pipe from the back of the turbo and see if that fixes it. I had a truck with intermittent low boost one time. I took it to a local shop and right away he says it's either a plugged exhaust, the boost sensor or the turbo. He holds his hand up over the exhaust outlet while it was running and says " feels fine it's not plugged" I said ok replace the sensor because obviously thats the cheapest and easiest thing to to. He changed the sensor and it was fixed, well seemed like it anyway. couple days later the same thing again low boost,low power,cel. Back to the shop it went, this time he couldn't get it to act up. He drove it and drove it and it ran just ran fine! So i go get it and on my way home on the freeway it starts slowing down and cel comes on, at this point i'm getting really aggrivated with this stupid truck so I ripped the doghouse off while going down the road(sterling chassis they come off easily) not really knowing what i'm looking for but i get it off and i see the exhaust manifold and turbo are glowing red because they are so hot! I pulled over and got out,walked around to the exhaust stack and i could actually hear air pissing out(was actually compressed) of a tiny hole by a clamp for the pipe going into the bottom of the muffler. Right away i knew the stack was plugged.So just because you feel exhaust coming out the top of the stack, it doesn't mean ENOUGH is coming out, your hand is not a pressure sensor. In this particular case the stack was a catalytic converter style and was breaking apart on the inside. So it was intermittently blocking some of the exhaust flow until I hit the right bump or something to rattle it out of the way. Changing the boost sensor didn't do anything it was just coincidence that the exhaust restriction got moved out of the way somehow between the time we were test driving and when it was installed. This may not be your problem at all but I thought I would share my experience. This was also a big reason i started working on my own trucks. It just seemed like I ended up fixing or re fixing my truck anyway and still had to pay those clowns.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , Techmech , Rawze , Running rough , hhow55
Ok cool I will remove it and check if cam was hollowed out completely who knows. I was sort of leaning towards faulty ecm right now also as new intake sensor is in place. We don’t have a test ecm right now and also turbo is recent with new actuator I believe. It could also be harness issue which seems to be common so tnx again

replyreply
Thinking outside the box, how do you know that the new programming is not the issue? Or did you return the motor to stock with new DPF etc and OEM programming?
replyreply
Boost leak. My ddec v did the exact same thing, blew my turbo fast, found out my cac was leaking afterwards.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , trucklogger2 , Rawze
01-13-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
(01-12-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Thinking outside the box, how do you know that the new programming is not the issue? Or did you return the motor to stock with new DPF etc and OEM programming?

Never had an issue with mb programming, but will explore everything you guys bring up.

replyreply
Who is MB? Mommaburt?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , trucklogger2
If ran ok in the beginning Id be looking at intake sensor make sure its reading correctly and then hard parts. Leaking cac, plugged exhaust, leaking intake piping or even bad turbo. We replace intake sensor all the time. Riemember ECM only knows what its being told. If its getting bad data it will not preform well.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , trucklogger2
(01-13-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  If ran ok in the beginning Id be looking at intake sensor make sure its reading correctly and then hard parts. Leaking cac, plugged exhaust, leaking intake piping or even bad turbo. We replace intake sensor all the time. Riemember ECM only knows what its being told. If its getting bad data it will not preform well.

Ok doke thanks, it has recent turbo and ecm intake sensor changed multiple times( there are two side by each on this model). There was a thread somewhere about coolant leaking in actuator onto control board but I don’t think this is the case here. I will get after these other possible items

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.