Fault code 2754 - CM2250
09-03-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
RE: Fault code 2754 - CM2250
2-3 gallons between oil changes jesus should have been rebuilt at 1 gallons i cant believe no blowby that oils going somewhere which is obviously the cans and if your not getting 7 mpg or better 15k or less should be when the oil is changed how far are you going? and with tons of regens i highly doubt the your getting decent fuel mileage

2-3 gallons per oil change i would place my bets on your engines toast thats why is plugging the filters.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
09-03-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
(09-03-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  It’s a 2014 Kenworth T700 with 68200 miles on it. Both doc and dpf filters and cans were replaced at 500k. And just had them baked due to premature blockage about 5k miles ago. Left the shop and within 2 hrs I could hear my turbo spooling up like it was regening. Took back to the shop because assumed an exhaust leak but they said no leaks. I am not certain if they reset the counters in the ecm but I can ask them. Flow was good, boxes inspected good and so did the filters.

Oil consumption is maybe 2-3 gallons in between changes depending on mileage. No blow by and had overhead done this weekend and only had a few needed adjusting. I have noticed with this Cummins when I get over 15k on oil it starts to consume it.

Coolant consumption: I put a gallon in it since January. Supposedly the shop checked egr and it wasn’t leaking.

No oil sample and def injector is about 1.5 yrs old. Not sure what the real fuel avg is but on the dash used to be about 6.8-7. (Loaded) and now it’s down to 6.5. Correct on the 2350. Insite is recommendations say injector isolation test but I don’t have what I need and it’s 6k for a whole set, lol

* A gallon every 5k miles, your not going to keep the emissions systems happy. that oil is going to clog it up every so often... your fighting an uphill battle at this point with that oil consumption rate.

* When is the last time you did an egr tune-up and replaced the IMAP and other engine sensors that can cause it to make excess soot? -- that has to be done at least once a year, perhaps IMAP replacement 2x a year on an older engine. When is the last time the entire egr system pulled apart and cleaned out?. Same with Delta-P for the egr, and other sensors like the Exh.gas pres sensor and its crossover tube... etc.etc.

* with 600+k on the egr cooler, you can be assured it is packed with carbon/soot and is no longer cooling the egr gasses efficiently... its time to take it off there and clean it out + the egr valve... and have the turbo inspected, and freshen up the turbo actuator put new bearings and greaser, etc for about a hundred bucks or so.

makes me also wonder....

* When is the last time the axles were pulled out of it and all the hub bearing re-torqued etc., ... I.E.> the rest of the truck?.. Things like crank shaft damper replaced, gearbox oil changed, air-dryer decadent filter, power steering filter, bushings, shocks, torque arms, cab mounts, etc, etc,etc..

-- Lot of maintenance on a truck that has to be done on a regular schedule before the problems all set in if a person wants to be successful these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW
09-04-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
(09-03-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-03-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  It’s a 2014 Kenworth T700 with 68200 miles on it. Both doc and dpf filters and cans were replaced at 500k. And just had them baked due to premature blockage about 5k miles ago. Left the shop and within 2 hrs I could hear my turbo spooling up like it was regening. Took back to the shop because assumed an exhaust leak but they said no leaks. I am not certain if they reset the counters in the ecm but I can ask them. Flow was good, boxes inspected good and so did the filters.

Oil consumption is maybe 2-3 gallons in between changes depending on mileage. No blow by and had overhead done this weekend and only had a few needed adjusting. I have noticed with this Cummins when I get over 15k on oil it starts to consume it.

Coolant consumption: I put a gallon in it since January. Supposedly the shop checked egr and it wasn’t leaking.

No oil sample and def injector is about 1.5 yrs old. Not sure what the real fuel avg is but on the dash used to be about 6.8-7. (Loaded) and now it’s down to 6.5. Correct on the 2350. Insite is recommendations say injector isolation test but I don’t have what I need and it’s 6k for a whole set, lol

* A gallon every 5k miles, your not going to keep the emissions systems happy. that oil is going to clog it up every so often... your fighting an uphill battle at this point with that oil consumption rate.

* When is the last time you did an egr tune-up and replaced the IMAP and other engine sensors that can cause it to make excess soot? -- that has to be done at least once a year, perhaps IMAP replacement 2x a year on an older engine. When is the last time the entire egr system pulled apart and cleaned out?. Same with Delta-P for the egr, and other sensors like the Exh.gas pres sensor and its crossover tube... etc.etc.

* with 600+k on the egr cooler, you can be assured it is packed with carbon/soot and is no longer cooling the egr gasses efficiently... its time to take it off there and clean it out + the egr valve... and have the turbo inspected, and freshen up the turbo actuator put new bearings and greaser, etc for about a hundred bucks or so.

makes me also wonder....

* When is the last time the axles were pulled out of it and all the hub bearing re-torqued etc., ... I.E.> the rest of the truck?.. Things like crank shaft damper replaced, gearbox oil changed, air-dryer decadent filter, power steering filter, bushings, shocks, torque arms, cab mounts, etc, etc,etc..

-- Lot of maintenance on a truck that has to be done on a regular schedule before the problems all set in if a person wants to be successful these days.

I haven’t replaced the IMAP sensor and just looked at it which looks factory! I’m not sure about an EGR tune/clean but it hasn’t been done in at least 100k which is what I’ve put on it. Ive done or had done most of the other stuff you listed except for the hub bearings retorqued and power steering.

I just put the egr valve on there a couple weeks ago and new turbo actuator last year.

I’ll pick up IMAP today and throw that in and check on the exhaust gas sensor. I’ve just began working on the engine sensors due to it throwing all the codes for after treatment sensor. Seems like I replace one and then it kicks a code for another one. This after treatment stuff is exhausting
replyreply
Get the iMap and the exhaust back pressure sensor. If you have not replaced the fuel doser at the turbo, do that too! There is a core deposit on the doser, so remove before taking to dealer, and you will have to drain off around 8 gals of coolant to remove. You need a vacuum set up to refill coolant properly.

Here is the vacuum set up I use with my Cobalt 90psi compressor, https://amzn.to/2F0V6Br
There are other setups for half the price on amazon. They all do the same thing, just need a homeowners compressor to use. A 20 gallon unit will get her done. Like this... https://amzn.to/2EZA0TS

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW
(09-04-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Get the iMap and the exhaust back pressure sensor. If you have not replaced the fuel doser at the turbo, do that too! There is a core deposit on the doser, so remove before taking to dealer, and you will have to drain off around 8 gals of coolant to remove. You need a vacuum set up to refill coolant properly.

Will do and much appreciated! We replaced the 7th injector at the turbo a few weeks ago, completely clogged.
replyreply
(09-04-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  
(09-04-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Get the iMap and the exhaust back pressure sensor. If you have not replaced the fuel doser at the turbo, do that too! There is a core deposit on the doser, so remove before taking to dealer, and you will have to drain off around 8 gals of coolant to remove. You need a vacuum set up to refill coolant properly.

Will do and much appreciated! We replaced the 7th injector at the turbo a few weeks ago, completely clogged.

2 to 3 gallons of oil, you need to in frame it... The oil is clogging your emission system up...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(09-04-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-04-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  

2 to 3 gallons of oil, you need to in frame it... The oil is clogging your emission system up...

I might’ve been overshooting the oil a little bit and I would think that as well BUT....an hour after I had filters baked it went into regen and I didn’t have any oil consumption for 4 weeks and roughly 12,000 miles. Turbo is constantly spooling up as well.
replyreply
Well I pulled (eventually) the factory map sensor out and it was 95% blocked. I’d attach a pic for you all to make fun of me but hey at least I’m trying to learn the ways of the wrench turning truck driver! I picked up the back pressure sensor but didn’t have the 27mm socket with me so I’ll get it in the morning. Wish me luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
09-05-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
(09-04-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  Well I pulled (eventually) the factory map sensor out and it was 95% blocked. I’d attach a pic for you all to make fun of me but hey at least I’m trying to learn the ways of the wrench turning truck driver! I picked up the back pressure sensor but didn’t have the 27mm socket with me so I’ll get it in the morning. Wish me luck!

Be sure to spray a bit of brake cleaner in the sensor hole while the sensor is off of it and crank the truck, let it fire up for a moment to ensure it blows the brake cleaner back up out of the hole ... that circuit for the exhaust pressure sensor likes to get blocked up with carbon buildup.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.