Chassis node power input
09-26-2020, (Subject: Chassis node power input ) 
Chassis node power input
I get these two masseges on dash
chassis node power input, check fuse
fault code: 5127
primary fog lamps fault
fault code: 2388

I checked all fuses in engine compartment and inside the cap. all good and have power.
The chassis code on and off appears on the dash, but the primary fog code is constant. No power at the bulb lights and they'er good.
2015 Peterbilt 579
Any input will be appreciated.
replyreply
RE: Chassis node power input
You have fuses in the CLC, (the fuse box in the engine bay) that supply power to your node. Sound like one of the power supplies to your node may be intermittent open. Gotta trace them back to your node
replyreply
(09-26-2020 )TNTD Wrote:  You have fuses in the CLC, (the fuse box in the engine bay) that supply power to your node. Sound like one of the power supplies to your node may be intermittent open. Gotta trace them back to your node
yes. I have tested them. They're good.
replyreply
09-27-2020, (Subject: Chassis node power input ) 
I have to ask the stupid question, what the hell is a "node" and what does it look like? Where is it located?

I keep picturing the Travelocity Gnome in my head.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
09-28-2020, (Subject: Chassis node power input ) 
(09-26-2020 )alborz Wrote:  
(09-26-2020 )TNTD Wrote:  You have fuses in the CLC, (the fuse box in the engine bay) that supply power to your node. Sound like one of the power supplies to your node may be intermittent open. Gotta trace them back to your node
yes. I have tested them. They're good.
If you have good power at all your input power supplies at your node then I would think your node is bad.
replyreply
09-28-2020, (Subject: Chassis node power input ) 
(09-27-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I have to ask the stupid question, what the hell is a "node" and what does it look like? Where is it located?

I keep picturing the Travelocity Gnome in my head.

It's basically a module with that has power/ Multiplexed switch inputs and controls outputs for lights/signals/solenoids etc. Usually located somewhere under cab/bunk. On a KW it usually hanging under the bunk. On Peterbilt I've seen it under the cab at driver door.
replyreply
09-29-2020, (Subject: Chassis node power input ) 
on my prostar, that would be the cab control module.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Thank you Rawze.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I would think by it giving a check fuse code that you have power loss on one of the power wires going to the chassis node.

Probably a wiring problem. Start at chassis node and check for voltage on connector. If like my Kenworth it will have several power wires going to node.

I had a two broke and a couple more wires rubbed inside wire loom at chassis node. Dirt had gotten into loom and rubbed them into.

I used the exploratory method to find my problems.

It's a pain to say the least.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cybernetictrout

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.