ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
10-12-2020, (Subject: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP ) 
ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
I have CM 870 in a 2012 Peterbilt 587. I recently did an EGR tuneup and changed all my sensors, cleaned piping, and cleaned EGR. I got everything back together and my truck will not turn over. Before I left the shop last night it was showing a LVD light on the dash. I did notice the bulkhead plug on the top of the engine by the valve cover had oil inside the connection. I assume this is the engine brake harness? I am going to order that harness today. Would any sensor changes keep my truck from turning over or cause this LVD fault. Also, for some reason my windshield wipers will not shut off unless I turn the key off. I have headlights, horn, all accessories in the cab.
replyreply
RE: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
CHeck cables on batteries good... The LVD tells me the cab is reading low voltage.... So when the cab controller sees low voltage then it will not energize the starter... Take volt meter make sure all batteries are the same voltage. I have had a truck in the past someone changed out batteries and left one of the cables off to the rear set of batteries. Then later on the cab drained the rear ones and wouldnt start. I also have had many cases where they batteries just needed a good cleaning and the cab controller was happy
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , SquareOne
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  I have CM 870 in a 2012 Peterbilt 587

2012 pete's did not come with an 870 engine... just trying to get a clearer picture of what you have.

Is this a glider truck? ... What is the engine serial number (ESN#)?

(referring to the engine side of things)...

btw: changing egr-related engine sensors will not make it refuse to crank.

Also, if there is a bad sensors or bad connections after replacing things, there will be check engine lights. You can use insite software on it to see what the cummins codes are.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-12-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  CHeck cables on batteries good... The LVD tells me the cab is reading low voltage.... So when the cab controller sees low voltage then it will not energize the starter... Take volt meter make sure all batteries are the same voltage. I have had a truck in the past someone changed out batteries and left one of the cables off to the rear set of batteries. Then later on the cab drained the rear ones and wouldnt start. I also have had many cases where they batteries just needed a good cleaning and the cab controller was happy

Thanks!!!! I replaced all four batteries a month ago, but I'll check the cables in the back as I could have left one off since I changed them on the roadside. LOL
replyreply
(10-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  I have CM 870 in a 2012 Peterbilt 587

2012 pete's did not come with an 870 engine... just trying to get a clearer picture of what you have.

Is this a glider truck? ... What is the engine serial number (ESN#)?

(referring to the engine side of things)...

btw: changing egr-related engine sensors will not make it refuse to crank.

Also, if there is a bad sensors or bad connections after replacing things, there will be check engine lights. You can use insite software on it to see what the cummins codes are.

Thanks for the reply Rawze. The serial number is 727U7471. I thought it was an 870 due to it having the EGR on the passengers side. I didnt think changing them would effect the engine to the point of not turning over, but I am new to the ISX world.
replyreply
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Rawze. The serial number is 727U7471. I thought it was an 870 due to it having the EGR on the passengers side. I didnt think changing them would effect the engine to the point of not turning over, but I am new to the ISX world.

727U7471 does not seems to be a valid number.. maybe a pic or 2 of the data-plate?

Most likely the engine is a CM2250 for a 2012 truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ill send some pics when I get off work. Thanks man
replyreply

replyreply
Early CM2250 going by engine number. Do you have Insite?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.