Crankcase pressure
10-21-2020, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
Crankcase pressure
My truck keeps throwing the check engine light on and it says crankcase pressure, I have changed the filter and the sensor, next I heard the wiring harnesses can go bad so I was gonna try that, any help would be appreciated
replyreply
RE: Crankcase pressure
Check for squirrels...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Tim386 , Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys
Just trying to fix my truck man anyone else please, not very mechanical trying to learn
replyreply
He's referring to this

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid59376

And He's serious

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tim386 , Waterloo
Sorry about that, then I do appreciate it but when I hit the link it says I don’t have permission to perform this action
replyreply
Do you have high crankcase pressure?

How often does it set the code?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tim386
Have you tried running with no filter inside the case? Do you have insite? what pressure is being reported in the fault code data? what about letting data monitor run and watching the pressure live? What about reported pressure sensor voltages - are they consistent with the pressure readings or are they high/low/erratic?

Don't know what troubleshooting steps you've already taken, beyond changing the sensor and filter, but I'd want to rule out legit excessive crankcase pressure before looking to other things, such as wiring.

Also, if you could provide some additional info, such as truck make/model, year, which engine (870/871/2250/2350/x15), miles, hours, has it been rebuilt before? dpf/emissions systems intact? Any programming done to the ecm? And anything else that might affect engine operation or the electrical system.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
10-22-2020, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
I just found this forum yesterday but I read about the insite program and looking to get it, I know it’s hard to tell without all the right info.
I have a 2012 Pete 386 I think it’s the 2250 that year
874,399 miles
19,979 hrs
No rebuild yet, emissions intact and no programming done to ecm
The SCR is about 2 yrs old and other was burned out recently at dealer
I’m not going through any oil maybe a gallon every 15,000 miles when I do pm. I will be starting the egr tune this weekend and thought about getting the no maintenance filter, not sure if that matters, thanks for your time and input, also I will get a pressure test done for blowby
The code was coming on when I drive and going out sometime at night while idling but back on the next day after a couple hrs of driving but is on all the time now
replyreply
10-22-2020, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
Tim, I believe there is a sensor right there at the crankcase filter box, where the wires plug in, held on by a Torx screw if I remember correctly. Mine went bad and put me in derate with the CEL, I bet that is your issue... It is on the radiator side of the crankcase box, at the side top, and yes, get one of those forever filters.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.