New model Mack diagnostic software
03-18-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
New model Mack diagnostic software
Anyone got a line on something like we have for Cummins insite packages with the software and hardware to use on the newer Mack and Volvo engines?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
RE: New model Mack diagnostic software
Pretty sure it doesn’t exist.
replyreply
(03-18-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Anyone got a line on something like we have for Cummins insite packages with the software and hardware to use on the newer Mack and Volvo engines?
vocom or nexiq adapter and Premium Tech tool.
Don't waste money on China made.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman , victory26
03-19-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
(03-18-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(03-18-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Anyone got a line on something like we have for Cummins insite packages with the software and hardware to use on the newer Mack and Volvo engines?
vocom or nexiq adapter and Premium Tech tool.
Don't waste money on China made.
Is the PTT software available for free other than eBay? I was going to purchase it from a seller with good feedback on eBay or maybe I should order from PTT website?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
Volvo8873, best price I have come across on PTT software is on Amazon. Have not seen a for free.

How do you insure that you are getting a good nexiq and not the knock off version?

replyreply
Buy it from snapon

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Best price on the Nexiq 2 is Amazon, just make sure you check and are buying a legitimate one and not a Chinese knock off.

For PTT, I honestly recommend buying the legit version from the Premium Tech Tool website. I've run non-legit versions in the past, and there's always something wrong with it no matter where you get it from.

The most popular 'free' versions and ones on eBay don't show imperial measurements, just metric which isn't the worst thing, but the last 'free' one I tested wouldn't allow tests like regens, cylinder cut outs, and turbo actuator calibrations to perform correctly.

When it comes to ECM flashes, I specifically recommend getting the legit version because Volvo/Mack only allows guys to download flash files for the ECM's through the program itself. Which can only be done with a legit version that has connection to their 'Central Server'. And, if a truck was programmed by someone else, it gets flagged on the Central Server with the company name of who programmed it. So the benefit there would be you could call the Volvo/Mack hotline and get tech help from them if need be.

Apologies for rambling, but the PTT program is a monster of a program which typically it doesn't work right when using a copy that didn't come from Premium Tech Tools website. Yeah it costs roughly a $1k for just the Mack portion, but to have a correctly working version is priceless IMO.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman , victory26
Coronado 126. You seem to know what you are talking about. I am all for saving a few bucks, but sometimes that can cost you more in the long run.

Ptt website has a $600 and a $1400 version.
Difference seems to be the ability to do ECM programing. I need to do a little more research as to which version to buy for my needs.
Pricey is an understatement compared to what I have in insite that's for sure.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Coronado126
(03-19-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Volvo8873, best price I have come across on PTT software is on Amazon. Have not seen a for free.

How do you insure that you are getting a good nexiq and not the knock off version?
Order from amazon. When you receive it, count the pins on top of the unit, if less then 26 you got a knockoff.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.