Head fire rings
05-19-2022, (Subject: Head fire rings ) 
RE: Head fire rings
Just added water to get truck home and for testing. It started going through fluid so fast that I was concerned of antifreeze in the oil and taking out the bearings. Probably 2 hrs on straight water. I had the rad pressurized to 15 psi for 3 hrs or more 2 different times. Didn't pull the pan but should have. No water in the oil at all. During my test I had water in egr,water in turbo and water in valves but my pressure or water level in rad never changed. I'll be sure and post my findings. I once had a cat motor doing similar things that I couldn't figure out. It turned out to be electrolysis on a liner and the guy had put some stop leak with that fiber garbage in the antifreeze. Pressure would go out to the rad and then the fibers would seal the hole and not let fluid back into the cylinder when the truck was shut off. Had the pan and the manifolds of that one with no luck. Pulled the head and found a drop of water. Pulled the liner and found a pin hole with all that fiber garbage everywhere in that block. Pulled the rest of the liners and 4 of them were bad and ready to go out
replyreply
Rawze has warned you numerous times now not to pull that head until you've done proper testing and have definitively proven it to be a problem with the head/liner. You really should listen.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Wink RE: Head fire rings
Ok. I will do. Lol
replyreply
05-20-2022, (Subject: Head fire rings ) 
I have seen this a few times and once the head was removed I found the fire ring had delaminated and looked sorta like it had been hammered on (liner moving)
Unfortunately the company I worked for would not cut the blocks so Im sure they didnt make it a year or so
So IF you remove the head and find damage to the fire ring cut the block and reset ALL the liners properly
replyreply
Yes.. thanks for the advice. A guy suggested this to me so I posted it just to see what others thought of the idea. My motor will be put back together with cummins parts and correct liner heights .. thanks
replyreply
Getting off the original topic here but I had said that I would post some results. I had found moisture on #6 valve. Rawze suggested that I Pressure system back up and look for water on bottom of liners. Bolted a couple things back on and put 15 psi in radiator. Took a while but eventually got a drip around #6 cylinder. Pulled head and found a tiny blow out in head gasket. Motor has never been apart since factory but some of the bolts were definitely not as tight as others. I wish I would have checked torque on them when loosening. Going to check liner height this weekend.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
(05-20-2022 )Scooby d Wrote:  Getting off the original topic here but I had said that I would post some results. I had found moisture on #6 valve. Rawze suggested that I Pressure system back up and look for water on bottom of liners. Bolted a couple things back on and put 15 psi in radiator. Took a while but eventually got a drip around #6 cylinder. Pulled head and found a tiny blow out in head gasket. Motor has never been apart since factory but some of the bolts were definitely not as tight as others. I wish I would have checked torque on them when loosening. Going to check liner height this weekend.

Be sure to build it as recommended here.. to minimize and potential problems in the future with it...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Scooby d
05-21-2022, (Subject: Head fire rings ) 
What's the heaviest weight you think 3.55 rear could pull safely or with minimal wear? (Isx15 2350 450 hp stock mandated above 80k with 10 spd)
replyreply
05-21-2022, (Subject: Head fire rings ) 
(05-21-2022 )FnG92 Wrote:  What's the heaviest weight you think 3.55 rear could pull safely or with minimal wear? (Isx15 2350 450 hp stock mandated above 80k with 10 spd)

3.55's are in the taller range for even 80k gross weights... so the answer would be in fact 80k.

==================
here are the numbers for 22.5 low-pro tires ....

On the lowest rpm, no load ...
./uploads/202205/post_2_1653133130_b69d7bcebf1b374302c487a745f6849a.png

Optimal RPM When pulling hills, mountains, etc...
./uploads/202205/post_2_1653133140_6d97fe3e08944c9bae5ed17a60ef725f.jpg

Sustained top end speed ...
./uploads/202205/post_2_1653133149_43f91e040e7851c21b4c403801d831a3.png

Tags:
eaton rear ratio charts, eaton axle ratios, rear ratios, rear end ratios, rear end charts, rear ratio vs weights, weights vs ratios

(continued on next post)...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ptlogan77 , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.