Cab mount bushings
09-22-2016, (Subject: Cab mount bushings ) 
Cab mount bushings
Anybody replace cab mounts themselves on Prostar? Should I replace both sides at the same time or can I just replace the bushings on the side theyre non-existent?
replyreply
RE: Cab mount bushings
I have a bad one on my passenger side front. just bought the one and am going to swap it in the next couple days.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I would do them both, do it right the first time and be done with it. Kind of like only replacing one shock absorber on your steer axle when both are questionable...
replyreply
(09-22-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would do them both, do it right the first time and be done with it. Kind of like only replacing one shock absorber on your steer axle when both are questionable...

Anybody ever replace these themselves that could share tips and tricks. I'm attempting to replace these myself over the weekend.
replyreply
We replaced a cab airbag on a mack and one of those wee little floor jacks was a god send
replyreply
(09-22-2016 )CFR__AND_SONS Wrote:  Anybody replace cab mounts themselves on Prostar? Should I replace both sides at the same time or can I just replace the bushings on the side theyre non-existent?

This is the best ting I ever did towards replacing cab mounts...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If you aren't doing it right away, as I said. I'm swapping mine out this weekend so I can give you feedback then.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Hey Rawze i replaced my cab suspension with same set-up and when i spoke to the salesman he recommended i change the cab mounts. He recommended i buy the cab mounts for the "Work Star" he said they are more heavy duty than the ones for the Prostar. He says they fit, can anyone confirm. I want to replace mine soon. Any advice on how to change them would be appreciated.
replyreply
09-23-2016, (Subject: Cab mount bushings ) 
(09-22-2016 )CFR__AND_SONS Wrote:  Anybody replace cab mounts themselves on Prostar? Should I replace both sides at the same time or can I just replace the bushings on the side theyre non-existent?

If you are referring to the front cab mounts, the bushings are very easy to change. You do need to take the weight off of them and do them one at a time though. I use a floor jack and a 4x4 to take the weight while they are out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.