Foot brake valve leaking
08-24-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
Foot brake valve leaking
2003 International 9900I. The foot brake valve has been leaking for about two weeks and when the truck is shut off it will completely drain the tanks. Also there is a squeaking sound when pressing the brakes most of the time. Today after work I turned off the truck and when I turned it back on the air pressure wouldn’t go past 30 psi unless I pressed the brake and held the accelerator. Any ideas what I should be looking for ?
replyreply
08-25-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
RE: Foot brake valve leaking
Replace the valve....... it's leaking air. Don't drive it like that your going to kill somebody!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-25-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  Replace the valve....... it's leaking air. Don't drive it like that your going to kill somebody!!!

It’s not building air so it’s not going to leave the yard. Was going to replace that valve yesterday but read that it can be something else back feeding to it like chambers,other valves,etc. That’s why I’m asking on here so that maybe someone can direct me better to what I should be looking for.
replyreply
here is a related thread...
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...7#pid63967

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I replaced one for nothing. It was an ABS valve bleeding back through. I followed the diagnostic tree from Bendix which condemned the valve, and it was wrong. Make sure before you do all that, because it’s a real pain to do, and get all those lines to seal properly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
08-26-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
An audible sound from a brake chamber or any other component in the brake system may reveal the issue?
Is the tractor protection buttons popping on their own when the air pressure falls?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-26-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
Replaced the foot valve and thank god it was the problem. Problem solved and now I can get back to trucking. Thanks guys!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , tree98 , Rawze
09-02-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
Never mind,it’s leaking again SMH.
replyreply
09-03-2024, (Subject: Foot brake valve leaking ) 
(09-02-2024 )Redland1 Wrote:  Never mind,it’s leaking again SMH.

let us know what you find.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.