X15...get codes with Insite 7.6.2/inline5?
10-20-2024, (Subject: X15...get codes with Insite 7.6.2/inline5? ) 
X15...get codes with Insite 7.6.2/inline5?
Need to get codes from my new 2019 X15 KW T680. It has a green technician plug on the dash that almost matches the ISX adapter harness on my chinese Inline5. Rawze has said a few times he can connect the inline5 to a 3pin weatherpack on the engine harness.

https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7411

I don't have a weatherpack adapter for the inline5, and still looking for the 3pin weatherpack on the engine harness. If I know which pins to use, I can cannibalize one of the inline5 adapters to make a weatherpack. Any advice? Thanks

replyreply
RE: X15...get codes with Insite 7.6.2/inline5?
The older Inline 5 adapters are only 250kbps. The green plugs under the dash of the newer trucks has a much faster buss speed of 500kpbs. Inline6, nexiq, and newer adapters have 500+ kbps ... just an FYI.

Yes, I still typically use my old inline-5 adapter on the newer engines. I just did this the other day on a year-2022, CM2450 truck.

.. and Yes, I use the connector on the engine harness, as it is still 250kbps for those trucks. Here is an example of what the engine harness connector looks like at the engine. location may vary ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid72528

... and Yes, I generally use the 'weather-pack' adapter when I do so.

Inline kit, includes weather-pack connector: https://amzn.to/3YukOUJ

Adapter for the Nexiq: https://amzn.to/3Yc4VB2

Matter of fact, it is rare for me to connect under the dash of a vehicle any ways. This is because I am usually only ever interested in communicating with the engine itself without interference from the other stuffs on the vehicle network.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: John Deere Boy , barf
Long time member.......occasional viewer.....seldom post.......I don't want to overstep here but the connector referenced in the linked posts is not a Weather Pack. It is a 3 pin Deutsch connector and in my experience with ag related equipment is significantly more robust than Weather Pack.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: John Deere Boy
(10-20-2024 )Golfnut Wrote:  Long time member.......occasional viewer.....seldom post.......I don't want to overstep here but the connector referenced in the linked posts is not a Weather Pack. It is a 3 pin Deutsch connector and in my experience with ag related equipment is significantly more robust than Weather Pack.

sounds like you have some things a bit confruzzled there ...

Yes, the pics in the referenced link shows the 3-pin deutsch connector that is out on the engine harness. On newer engines, It is often referred to as the Weather-pack connector.

Also ... for context ... The 2-pin rounded edge plug datalink connector on really old stuffs like the N14's is actually also referred to as the 'Weatherpack' connector.

... SO ...

The adapter cable assembly FOR THE INLINE (and nexiq) DATALINK ADAPTER ITSELF ... to connect to these plugs (as it has both the 3-pin and the 2-pin adapters on it together) ... is also referred to as the 'Weather-pack' adapter, or weather-pack adapter harness.

so.. when someone wants to connect to the 3-pin.. (or the old 2-pin)... they need A 'WEATHER-PACK ADAPTER CABLE' to do so. .. because it comes with BOTH connectors, 3-pin, and 2-pin on it.

here is a reference to it from the red engine makers wwwsite, where they themselves call BOTH connectors the 'weather-pack' connectors. I circled the reference in red...
./uploads/202410/post_2_1729468444_8d30cdb83f78311ef35e85fb173490b0.jpg
(choose 'view image' or 'open image' to see a larger representation)

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze, the Man! Thanks so much for all the information, this should be all I need to get started. I've got a nexiq somewhere, i'll check to see what adapters it has.

Hi Golfnut, I'm deereboy8400 on agtalk. Very helpful bit of information there, I know exactly where that 3 pin deutsch is on the engine. Real humdinger that industry calls it weatherpack. I crawled all over the engine a few days ago looking for a 3 pin weatherpack.
replyreply
(10-20-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  sounds like you have some things a bit confruzzled there ...

So I'm not wrong and I'm not right :). Thanks for the explanation!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.