Truck is lacking power
10-09-2026, (Subject: Truck is lacking power ) 
Post: #1
Thumbs Down Truck is lacking power
Earlier today I had a coolant hose burst on the passenger side and was able to get it repaired roadside. Once repaired I took off towards my shipment destination but the truck has been gutless ever since. Really slow to boost. Checked the exhaust pressure sensor since it on that side but didn’t seem to be wet inside. Any ideas ?
replyreply
10-09-2026, (Subject: Truck is lacking power ) 
Post: #2
RE: Truck is lacking power
Truck won’t go past 1500 rpm
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Truck is lacking power ) 
Post: #3
RE: Truck is lacking power
== Did anyone bother to pull a vacuum on the coolant system when refilling it to ensure there were no air pockets around the liners?.

For all anyone knows, the engine could have a warped liner or some other internal damage ... but hopefully not.

Hopefully it is maybe only a loose CAC boot, or turbo locking up, or some other thing.

== was it in a hard pull when the hose let go?.

== how long did it run with no coolant?.


User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Truck is lacking power ) 
Post: #4
RE: Truck is lacking power
Is the check engine light on?
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Truck is lacking power ) 
Post: #5
RE: Truck is lacking power
(Yesterday )Rawze Wrote:  == Did anyone bother to pull a vacuum on the coolant system when refilling it to ensure there were no air pockets around the liners?.

For all anyone knows, the engine could have a warped liner or some other internal damage ... but hopefully not.

Hopefully it is maybe only a loose CAC boot, or turbo locking up, or some other thing.

== was it in a hard pull when the hose let go?.

== how long did it run with no coolant?.

-No vacuum,this happened in the middle of nowhere south Texas and I only had a gallon of water and luckily a porta a john truck came by and gave me another gallon from his fresh water tank. I usually carry coolant but I used up what I had when I did the exhaust manifold a few months ago and forgot to buy some extra to have in the truck. The hose really did not let loose but instead it had a pin hole and I only realized it because I could smell it from the ac ducts. The temperature was normal when I pulled over and I believe I only lost 1.5 gallons when I removed the hose. It was pulling perfectly fine loaded and on flat ground and the power only changed after the hose repair. I do hear the turbo louder than normal now.

The only codes I can pull is the one off the trucks dash because my Insite is locked out.

The diagnostic combination 128F04 PID102_A points directly to a heavy-duty commercial vehicle engine fault. On systems like Cummins ISX or Volvo/Mack (MID 128), MID 128 represents the Engine Control Unit (ECU), PID 102 is the Turbocharger Boost Pressure / Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor, and F04 (or FMI 4) typically indicates an electrical short-to-ground or voltage below normal fault mode within that sensor's circuit. This one it’s had for a while and I’ve replaced the sensor and took it to a mechanic and they couldn’t figure it out.

The readout 128F04 pid131_p is a heavy-duty truck diagnostic trouble code formatted in SAE standard notation.
• 128 (MID 128): Represents the Engine Control Unit (ECU/ECM).
• F04 (FMI 4): Indicates Failure Mode Identifier 4, meaning the voltage dropped below normal or is shorted to a low source.
• PID 131: Represents the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor or data communication circuit on standard older engines (such as a Cummins ISX).

-Truck is demandated.
replyreply




NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.