Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
10-13-2021, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
Interesting, I figured there would have been a bigger difference jumping CPL's but I'm glad it is not causing any damage. Thank you!
replyreply
10-13-2021, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(10-13-2021 )lwilder27 Wrote:  Interesting, I figured there would have been a bigger difference jumping CPL's but I'm glad it is not causing any damage. Thank you!

most of the time there is big differences... sometimes there is not. Its a crap-shoot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-02-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
Looking at the files for a cpl 3719, it seems there is no real safe way to really adjust the power settings outside these 3 files? That was the gist I got from the post made above.

For curiosity, would a someone manually adjusting numbers and parameters be able to safely squeeze some more torque and Hp out of the motor?

I have a base tune after a demandate through running rough and we're running it as is currently to get some feedback on how it drives and mph and let him know what I think. I'd love to get the torque up to somewhere in the 1750-1850 range as opposed to the 1650 I currently have. My motor is not smart torque enabled.

I just do not want to burn my motor up sooner than expected just to chase some power.

Any advice in this regard would be fantastic.
replyreply
02-03-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(02-02-2022 )730Industries Wrote:  Looking at the files for a cpl 3719, it seems there is no real safe way to really adjust the power settings outside these 3 files? That was the gist I got from the post made above.

For curiosity, would a someone manually adjusting numbers and parameters be able to safely squeeze some more torque and Hp out of the motor?

I have a base tune after a demandate through running rough and we're running it as is currently to get some feedback on how it drives and mph and let him know what I think. I'd love to get the torque up to somewhere in the 1750-1850 range as opposed to the 1650 I currently have. My motor is not smart torque enabled.

I just do not want to burn my motor up sooner than expected just to chase some power.

Any advice in this regard would be fantastic.

It is very easy to adjust the power/torque of any file if you know what you are doing and have a proper calculator for it. - I do it for people all the time after they have e-mailed me their file out of their engine. - I will NOT however put any power level into an engine that is above the hardware/APPLICATION ratings AND/OR WILL shorten its life.

For a mid-tier engine they can easily handle 1790ft.lbs/535HP~ish .. maybe a bit higher if all its used for is climbing an occasional hill, etc. .. but not for using one for heavy haul (extnded high HP/torque torture-fest) applications.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 730Industries
03-15-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
I am new to the forum, I have been searching all across the. Country for some reputable information and assistance in solving my issue with my 2020 w900. I purchased the truck in Sept. with 85K miles on the odometer and before I go it home it was in full derate from emissions codes.

Had it towed to the closest shop to help me get back online, the estimate was $2800.00 to get it running and no guarantee that more issues would crop up soon. The shop recommended DE-MANDATE. So I went that route. The truck has ran really inconsistent ever since. Sometimes low on power and really noisy and some times runs better but still not right.

CPL 4343- QUICKSERVE HAS NO INFORMATION ON ABOUT THIS CPL! Over the course of the last 80K miles running the truck under these conditions I decided to find a different shop to help fix the running poorly issue.

I am on the 5 version of this new shops programming. I am equipped with the needed technology to do programming remotely.

My main issues are now with the current file are the truck goes into a torque limiting mode at about 85% engine load and stops adding fuel. And does not have enough balls to hold 75 mph if any wind is blowing. Bottom end torque is good. Really poor MPG 3.4 under a load.

I am 90 % certain that the programming shop failed to do work order before first tune and therefore has no image of original program.

I need help!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
03-16-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(03-15-2022 )TEXBLUEW9 Wrote:  I am new to the forum, I have been searching all across the. Country for some reputable information and assistance in solving my issue with my 2020 w900. I purchased the truck in Sept. with 85K miles on the odometer and before I go it home it was in full derate from emissions codes.

Had it towed to the closest shop to help me get back online, the estimate was $2800.00 to get it running and no guarantee that more issues would crop up soon. The shop recommended DE-MANDATE. So I went that route. The truck has ran really inconsistent ever since. Sometimes low on power and really noisy and some times runs better but still not right.

CPL 4343- QUICKSERVE HAS NO INFORMATION ON ABOUT THIS CPL! Over the course of the last 80K miles running the truck under these conditions I decided to find a different shop to help fix the running poorly issue.

I am on the 5 version of this new shops programming. I am equipped with the needed technology to do programming remotely.

My main issues are now with the current file are the truck goes into a torque limiting mode at about 85% engine load and stops adding fuel. And does not have enough balls to hold 75 mph if any wind is blowing. Bottom end torque is good. Really poor MPG 3.4 under a load.

I am 90 % certain that the programming shop failed to do work order before first tune and therefore has no image of original program.

I need help!

In attempts to Awaken someone ...

A person can take that thing to 100+ different "tuning" shops, some more well known that others... get charged thousands of $$$ each time.. and it still will not be right. That is the plague that the trucking industry suffers from. - Truck owner decides to de-mandate it for one reason or another... they waste several thousansds of $$$ on some rip-off hack-job garbage with a whole lot of false promisses... and end up only trading DPF issues with repeated engine failure issues, because the engine is being tortured internally into an agonizing death. Half-arssed, horrible jail-break syle of (delete) programming is the norm, not the exception.

=====

Separate from that issue. I have to point this out because this is what I do on here so that others can learn from this terrible collection of things that people are doing (its not personal, it is what I do in observation of the irony of it all) ...

As far as driving that truck like a bat out of he$3ll.. someone will get no sympathy on this forum for that. I have no tolerance or patience for those people who drive like that and want all the big power glory garbage. I will run someone off of here real fast for that. This place is about actually making money they can keep.. lowering operating costs... SLOWING DOWN ... taking care of their equipment PROPERLY and not beating it to death at 75+ MPH ridiculous speeds!-- IT IS NOT A GODDAMN SPORTS CAR.. IT IS A HEAVY DANGEROUS TRUCK .. THAT WEIGHS AS MUCH AS 40+ CARS AT TIMES.. AND WILL SUCK A PERSONS WALLET DRY IF THEY DRIVE THAT FAST IN FUEL COSTS ALONE!!!! >>>.. Someone is at the wrong place if they want to start arguing that on here.. just a warning.

I am hoping that you also look back at you post and see the irony in what you have posted above ...

.. Whenever someone roughly states that ... they go 75+ mph .. they have a flying brick of a square-nose truck that burps every time it passes a fuel island and quite frankly belongs in a museum at this point ... and at the same time, complaining that they only get X(some low number) mpg!... then I have to point it all out. - There is no amount of "programming" except maybe to limit the HP and torque down to something reasonable and limit its speed to 55-58 mph or so max on that brick that can fix any of your fuel mileage complaints.

by doing things that way, they are clearly funding these guys man-made islands in dubai...
./uploads/202203/post_2_1647448771_1defb47a8899fd12e1425fdf03ac52b0.jpg

Maybe a person who makes these poor decisions in trucking and clearly wastes fuel like that so easily, they can call a few of those already-rich oil sheeks who make man-made islands for fun .. up and ask for a trip there.. People with flying bricks and big power and go fast are paying for it with that truck and the speeds they go .. just saying.

(It is just my personal and repeated rant/advocacy for the trucking industry to stop wasting fuel and funding already rich oil companies).

======

(back on subject)...

FIRST AND FOREMOST>>>> Copy the program out of the ecm and have it reviewed for correctness. See if it is in fact harmful to the engine (and/or the turbocharger), nonetheless anything else wrong with it. E-mail it to me for a proper review... STOP listening to those "tuning shops".. that was your first mistake to begin with. Most of those idiots want your money, and anyone who has to "try things"or "try different tunes" clearly has no idea whatsoever what they are doing at all. That is a HUGE RED FLAG and someone should have run the other way real fast. I bet those ppl could not even tell you what engine operating mode(s) that engine is running in after their hack-job garbage. -- YES.. the trucking industry and those "tuning" shops are really that bad!.

In the mean time.. here is some light reading on the plague you have found yourself in: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Your at the right place to start turning it around.. re-think what you do for better profits overall .. SLOW THE HE#LL DOWN!!!.. etc.. .. and some of it is the things you have clearly it seems so far have wasted money on as well (the 90% chance of bad tuning and horrible de-mandate garbage).

here is likely what needs to happen at this point:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

And as far as it derating etc... or whatever you think its doing.. It is not rocket science. A simple test drive with the correct data showing will tell you TO THE LETTER, what that engine is doing at any given moment. It is too bad those complete idiots are too dam%$n dumb to know how to do this, nor how to properly read the data. Otherwise you will know exactly what any issues there were/are. There is no "guess-work".. there are proper ways to know what is going on,what is in control of the power/torque, and fueling. It is a simple matter of knowing how to look at it and nothing more. Here is what someone needed to do to find out to see what that engine is doing in all its detail:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid28636

replyreply
04-15-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
I don't have an AV number, instead I have an N number. CM570 CPL 8255 Wondering if you can tell if N11648.11 is compatible with N11411.15
replyreply
(04-15-2022 )Thompsontrucking Wrote:  I don't have an AV number, instead I have an N number. CM570 CPL 8255 Wondering if you can tell if N11648.11 is compatible with N11411.15

The N11411 program = Advertised at 400HP/1650trq. Its actual is 435Hp/1654trq. Power peaks at 1400RPM (roughly the 1400-1700 rpm range).

The N11648 program = Advertised at 500HP/1650trq. its actual is 508HP/1674trq. Power peaks at 1600RPM (roughly the 1600-1900 rpm range)

The N11648 program also has an abrupt 1900 RPM cutoff in power/torque where the other N11411 program does not have this.

Otherwise, they are fully compatible.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Thompsontrucking
(04-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-15-2022 )Thompsontrucking Wrote:  I don't have an AV number, instead I have an N number. CM570 CPL 8255 Wondering if you can tell if N11648.11 is compatible with N11411.15

The N11411 program = Advertised at 400HP/1650trq. Its actual is 435Hp/1654trq. Power peaks at 1400RPM (roughly the 1400-1700 rpm range).

The N11648 program = Advertised at 500HP/1650trq. its actual is 508HP/1674trq. Power peaks at 1600RPM (roughly the 1600-1900 rpm range)

The N11648 program also has an abrupt 1900 RPM cutoff in power/torque where the other N11411 program does not have this.

Otherwise, they are fully compatible.

Awesome brother, thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.