Cummins insite calibration
10-13-2016, (Subject: Cummins insite calibration ) 
Cummins insite calibration
Curious why on my cummins insite I an unable to compare calibrations or even be able to select this function in the tools column?
./uploads/201610/post_1653_1476389713_ea726b2e21f568e4af69bf15581d22fd.jpg
replyreply
10-13-2016, (Subject: Cummins insite calibration ) 
RE: Cummins insite calibration
(10-13-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Curious why on my cummins insite I an unable to compare calibrations or even be able to select this function in the tools column?
Insite does not compare calibrations. There is HELP button clock it and read what it does and how it to do.
replyreply
10-14-2016, (Subject: Cummins insite calibration ) 
You need calterm to compare.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(10-13-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Curious why on my cummins insite I an unable to compare calibrations or even be able to select this function in the tools column?

Insite is not able to do this at all. It has to be done with Engineering Software that is not available to the public,.. or even to the OEM Dealerships for that matter.
replyreply
All im trying to do is few the calibration on the truck I am hooked up to with insite, I just want to compare and make sure they are correct.

I am not trying to adj or change calibrations.
replyreply
[quote='joed2323' pid='8592' dateline='1476451919']
All im trying to do is few the calibration on the truck I am hooked up to with insite, I just want to compare and make sure they are correct.

When you take a truck to the dealer they can look and see if any updates are available or if they are updated and correct. I shouldn't have to take the truck to the dealer for them to do this, I thought their is a way to do it using insite 8.1?
replyreply
(10-14-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  All im trying to do is few the calibration on the truck I am hooked up to with insite, I just want to compare and make sure they are correct.

To verify you have the correct Cal file installed, go to Quickserve and lookup the Dataplate for the ESN, it will have the correct AV # listed on it. Record it.
Then on Insite, go to "Features and Parameter" -> "System ID and Dataplate" -> I think it's software or something, but it will be in this sub file. Find the AV # and compare to Quickserve.

If you have @m*m^2, or any type of "custom tune" you don't want the dealer to do an update, ever.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(10-14-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-14-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  All im trying to do is few the calibration on the truck I am hooked up to with insite, I just want to compare and make sure they are correct.

To verify you have the correct Cal file installed, go to Quickserve and lookup the Dataplate for the ESN, it will have the correct AV # listed on it. Record it.
Then on Insite, go to "Features and Parameter" -> "System ID and Dataplate" -> I think it's software or something, but it will be in this sub file. Find the AV # and compare to Quickserve.

If you have @m*m^2, or any type of "custom tune" you don't want the dealer to do an update, ever.

I wish I could remove the mandate sir, when you work for a corporation they do not allow that.

No heavy-haul/heavy duty truck working in the oil fields that still has the mandate installed has no business being out here, they just do not function with all the high idle/pto time involved.

We have a truck that uses roughly 2 gallons of oil within a 350 hr service interval, truck runs 24/7, two shifts a day and cummins says that is normal for the conditions they "classify" our trucks under, which is total bs, since other trucks do not burn through oil like this one, they just do not want to own up to their leaky valve guide seals on these cm2250s-2350s
replyreply
10-15-2016, (Subject: Cummins insite calibration ) 
Here is more info on what Hammerhead was referring to I think...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.