Inj spill valve code
10-15-2016, (Subject: Inj spill valve code ) 
Inj spill valve code
cm2250 2013 no delete
anyone have any info as to why I'm getting this code at random times? Comes on and goes off, doesnt seem like it's affecting anything except sooting up the dpf. Under 200miles dpf filter soot load goes easily over 2oz from 0.

I could be climbing a hill empty, every once In awhile it will puff out a cloud of black smoke or during jaking at random times then back on the throttle, generally this code does not show up when blowing smoke, just driving normal say 60-70mph on highway

Im gonna pull the valve cover off and Inspect, but the spill valve is interval of the inj, so is their a way to pull out the Inj and bench test it or, regardless should I swap the inj just to be safe? It's showing spill valve #2
replyreply
10-15-2016, (Subject: Inj spill valve code ) 
RE: Inj spill valve code
When I was getting this code it was my fuel pump. Switched it to the 2 cilynder pump with updated plungers and tappets and code went away. Could be anything from injector to fuel pump.
replyreply
10-16-2016, (Subject: Inj spill valve code ) 
(10-15-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  cm2250 2013 no delete
anyone have any info as to why I'm getting this code at random times? Comes on and goes off, doesnt seem like it's affecting anything except sooting up the dpf. Under 200miles dpf filter soot load goes easily over 2oz from 0.

I could be climbing a hill empty, every once In awhile it will puff out a cloud of black smoke or during jaking at random times then back on the throttle, generally this code does not show up when blowing smoke, just driving normal say 60-70mph on highway

Im gonna pull the valve cover off and Inspect, but the spill valve is interval of the inj, so is their a way to pull out the Inj and bench test it or, regardless should I swap the inj just to be safe? It's showing spill valve #2

the problem injector has failed. replace it before it ruins your aftertreatment system and motor.
replyreply
If your getting black smoke out the tail pipe that is also a sign that the DPF can also possibly be cracked. I would also pull apart the emissions system ans inspect the faces of the DOC, DPF, and SCR cans.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Psychic prediction: I see him taking a trip to atlanta and getting MM-2 in his future.
replyreply
10-18-2016, (Subject: Inj spill valve code ) 
(10-16-2016 )Cuya Wrote:  Psychic prediction: I see him taking a trip to atlanta and getting MM-2 in his future.

Sir I would love to do this, with all the other trucks we have that need to be converted over...

Give me some input on how one could convince a corportation to change up what hasn't worked in years in the oil fields...

Prob could make a spread sheet with all the down time, poor mpg, all the $ invested chasing ghost problems.

And I would get a answer well it's illegal, ppl that remove all the after treatment system in a post emission motor truck is asking for trouble. Well do it correctly and it wouldn't draw attention and still pass any type of inspection

Their is the right way and wrong way to to deletes via this awesome forum thanks to rawze and all you other awesome guys that go out of your way to help stangers... Much appreciated for the info and knowledge you guys share, no other forum that comes near how helpful this one is...
replyreply
10-18-2016, (Subject: Inj spill valve code ) 
(10-15-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  When I was getting this code it was my fuel pump. Switched it to the 2 cilynder pump with updated plungers and tappets and in code went away. Could be anything from injector to fuel pump.

In this fuel pump/transfer pump, os their any visual inspection that can be done to verify. Yes their is a obvious sign of issues with the fuel pump/delivery system and plungers? Rather not replace this on a guess but from reading around this forum it appears these like to grenade engines so I rather not have that happen... Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.