Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails
11-23-2017, (Subject: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails ) 
RE: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails
(11-23-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  I know this is an old trend, but the beauty of this site is the knowledge and issues resolved.
Having the same issue as husky had.

My engine is a 871 2010 in a t800, still all factory cal. 706k miles, 25K hours. At 15k oil changes I use about a gallon of Rotella, no coolant loss (after fixing hose leak); about once a day coming to a hard jake assist stop, or jumping on a ramp she will roll a little white smoke.
Just replaced all sensor and did an erg tune, cans were cleaned; and there was no signs of any coolant leak (plus coolant pressure test tested ok).

March I ran the over head, plus put a jake rebuild kit in (springs, plungers). Did not know of this site so may have missed the detent, and wear specs on jake. "I mention this because truck slows to fast empty with trailer at 30K, and it has a pooping sound from exhaust with Jake off". Also has damn clatter under hood when you hit jake.

Vibration thru dash on a hard pull ( boost in the 30+, no pyro gauge ). Fuel mileage sucks(5.1) running I-80 from IA to KS, about fifty fifty on interstate and two lane. My average speed 65 to 70.

At idle she is a little rough, and inlet to air cleaner has a suck blow, really sudden but consistent, normal flat ground it is noticeable in cab, hard pull vibration increases so kind of nulls suck/blow sound. Number 6 at idle is low on temp with heat gun 371, all others up around 430 plus ( lost my sheet may be off here, shot two weeks ago).

Thinking I have a washed or burnt valve, along with a bad injector. Filled up both tanks yesterday to there 95% limit, 20 so miles into trip passenger gauge is all over the place (primary return on my truck), full- empty etc. More vapor in this tank lately then before; just a thought don't know if it has jack to due with Jack.

Looking like a new head, in frame, or treat her like an old lady until summer!?

Id say you need a good mechanic that can do a thorough diagnostic on her. A few things id suggest checking urself. Suckin bubbles from a fuel line somewhere, check ur blowby, check your fueling actuators, bubble test ur injectors, inspect the turbo, check for charge air leaks and run the overhead again and check the jake function. If all that checks out get it to a good independent shop that knows cummins engines.
replyreply
11-23-2017, (Subject: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails ) 
RE: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails
Freaking joke in the panhandler for shops; I no speaka English or don't give a damn because I better then an American. After this site I won't take it anywhere except the guys on here.

Ya she has a burnt valve in number six.

Make the 890 mile run tomorrow then back saturday and think about next move.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.