Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails
10-19-2016, (Subject: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails ) 
RE: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails
(10-18-2016 )Husky05 Wrote:  Hello all, I recently replaced all 6 injectors this summer, actually i did 2 in February or march, then did the rest 4 in the summer time. Engine is a 2006 ISX 450 CM870

Well now I'm having a weird rumble at upper rpms, more like big boy rumble when I'm under load from like 1300 rpm and up. I checked my valve clearance and it's all good, fresh oil, new fuel filters. Issue is still the same. So I decided to just run injector leak test. well front and rear bank shows bubbles in the water jug when i crank the engine over. I have not yet pin point which injector it is yet. So it's for sure 2 or more injectors.

I am wondering what could have caused 2 or more to fail so early, are the reman injectors well known to fail so early? I have at least about 80k miles on the first 2 replacement, and about 40-50k on the 4 replaced in the summer.

Could a leak in the fuel system other than the injectors cause air bubbles to come out in the water test?

* What was the circumstances for replacing the injectors? -- and Was a leak test done at that time to help determine if they were bad?

* DID they NOT do a leak test AFTER they were replaced to ensure the new ones were not leaky? -- and to determine that it was not a crack in the head?

* Where were the injectors purchased? -- and WHAT kind of warranty are on them?

* WHAT is the date on the injectors (for recall purposes as stated above)?

===============

* Clogged exhaust/ restrictions (or failing DPF systems on the newer trucks) can cause leaky injectors.
* Incorrect programming (wrong cpl or wrong program for the size turbo you have) can cause it.

* Excess EGT's due to a myriad of reasons can cause leaky injectors

* Running around with the EGR valve unplugged all the time
(and not having MM-2 done properly on it ) on the CM870 can cause leaky injectors as well as a shortened turbocharger lifespan (because you always have excess EGT's).

===============
* What is your boost and pyro gauges reading/getting up to when you get it into a hard pull at maximum torque. (and if you got no gauges, your doing nothing but guessing at your problems any ways).

===============

Is it running rough at idle?

Did anyone bother to adjust the overhead before the test(s)?. Injectors out of adjustment can cause them to test leaky sometimes.

Is it a tiny bit of bubbles? or a LOT of bubbles?

Although it could be,... Just because your injectors are a bit leaky, does not mean that is your only problem.

Your rumble can be from many different sources, not just injectors. Please be more specific about "rumble.?" - what kind of rumble? vibration? ect.

Has anybody...

* Bothered to see how much wear is in the bottom end/rod bearings of the engine? -- miles? -- etc.?

* checked the static timing to see if it matched the timing cover? and also to see if it matched the serial number of the engine? -- CM870's have DIFFERENT TIMING CODES depending on serial number,... AND-- THE PROGRAM THAT IS IN THE ECM MUST MATCH THIS!!! -- YOU CANNOT JUST SLAP A DIFFERENT HP PROGRAM IN THEM WITHOUT VERIFYING THE TIMING WILL MATCH TOO!.

* Checked the crank and cam position sensors and the tone wheel on the crank?

* checked the timing and metering actuators?

* Checked the head for leaky/cracked valve? -- HOW OLD IS THE HEAD,.. and is it a re-man, if if so,.. where was it purchased and/or re-done at>>?

in other words,.... there are a LOT of unanswered questions,.. and without someone knowing them all,.. my truck E.S.P. is not working so good today lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replaced all 6 injectors, now leak test still fails - Rawze - 10-19-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.