HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar
10-22-2016, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
RE: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar
Why does that look like a 3D printer did it. Did you get a new toy?
replyreply
(10-22-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  The blend door stopped working on mine. it was the gear that cracked in the motor.

so I made a new one myself ...

Aren't those blend door motors $250- $300 at International... I'm going to need those upgrade parts for my Prostar blend doors before they crap out again!

Do they work good?
replyreply
(10-22-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  The blend door stopped working on mine. it was the gear that cracked in the motor.

so I made a new one myself ...

Aren't those blend door motors $250- $300 at International... I'm going to need those upgrade parts for my Prostar blend doors before they crap out again!

Do they work good?

No, around $50 at my dealer, $38 on Amazon or Ebay...
replyreply
There are lots of options when it comes to 12v motors on the market.
Rare earth magnet, brussless servo motors.
Shop around on ebay . You won't spend more than $ 50
All you need to know are the dimensions, shaft diameter and torque requirements.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(10-22-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  There are lots of options when it comes to 12v motors on the market.
Rare earth magnet, brussless servo motors.
Shop around on ebay . You won't spend more than $ 50
All you need to know are the dimensions, shaft diameter and torque requirements.

The gear part breaks and the motor keeps spinning. Think I just need the upgraded gear Rawze printed, and new blend doors while Im at it. Hmmm, what other popular breaking parts could be 3D Printed? Any ideas?
replyreply
3D printing is very cool and evolving technology. There is no reason these parts can't be engineered to last longer or give better service life than they do except for pure profit motive.

Look at the thought and engineering that goes into the average shotgun and the price you pay.
If a Bennelli Da Vinci or Browning broke down this quick, how long do you think they would be in business?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
10-24-2016, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
I thought it would be a fun project to make that gear instead of buying a new blend door motor. -- Sometimes you just gotta have fun and do things differently to see what can be achieved.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-20-2017, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
My fan died again, just replaced it 2 years ago like Waterloo.

I re-read this thread and thought the breaker being discussed was some self resetting one near the fan. I haven't tripped the breaker that's in with all the other breakers; it's working fine.

I opened the dash to diagnose and now my fan is working perfectly again. It's good to see this thread and remind myself that these motors are crap, and I need to replace it even though it's now working. It's going to quit again.

Thanks Rawze for having this website.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.