ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar
11-20-2016, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
RE: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar
I don't know if these helps you but hopefully it will help someone ,
When I ran offroad with a 2000 9900 ( dad and I have a few of them ) the abs light would come on and after spending endless dollars on trying to fix them right , this is what we did .
We switched the low fuel and abs light in the dash , so they both would light up when you turn the key on , the abs would go back out . The only kicker was when you got low on fuel the abs light would come on lol but I don't run a truck under usually 3/8 anyway.
The only time I ever had it ? Was one time I did a cvip and the mech told me it was odd the abs was working with wires broke off on a wheel sensor lol , but he passed it .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
11-20-2016, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
(11-20-2016 )pj77rm Wrote:  2009 pro star and my trailer abs light comes on even when I don't have a trailer hooked up,I've ran every wire. I think it's the abs module I just put a kill switch on it lol

mine did that once -- I replaced the pigtail and it fixed it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-18-2017, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
i have the same problem with my 09. the abs for trailer comes on when bobtailing as well as when i am pulling a trl. I have checked all wiring and can not seem to find out what is causing it. I also went and replaced the pigtail as well. has anyone figured out what is causeing the trl abs light to come on when bobtailing.
replyreply
01-25-2017, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
(01-18-2017 )linadin Wrote:  i have the same problem with my 09. the abs for trailer comes on when bobtailing as well as when i am pulling a trl. I have checked all wiring and can not seem to find out what is causing it. I also went and replaced the pigtail as well. has anyone figured out what is causeing the trl abs light to come on when bobtailing.

Still have the issue here, bob tail too. Had it in a good trailer shop, he said it was my tractor. Funny thing, when I pull one of our Canadian trailers, I forget the manufacturer, no light, ever. When I pull an Extra Lease Great Dane, the ABS light is intermittent. I have no clue and just live with it. Does not seem to be a fix. And yes, I have had the pigtail tested a few times at different shops and International run their Diamond Logic, nothing. Pigtail test always comes back good and is not that old, and I keep the plug greased. It is a straight pigtail, if that matters, not one of the coiled ones and is ran in parallel with my rubber hosed airlines with that plastic wrap piece holding them all together. There is plenty of slack... New spring holder on back of cab too. No clue what is going on... No codes in the truck or with the ABS Controller...
replyreply
(01-25-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Still have the issue here, bob tail too. Had it in a good trailer shop, he said it was my tractor. Funny thing, when I pull one of our Canadian trailers, I forget the manufacturer, no light, ever. When I pull an Extra Lease Great Dane, the ABS light is intermittent. I have no clue and just live with it. Does not seem to be a fix. And yes, I have had the pigtail tested a few times at different shops and International run their Diamond Logic, nothing. Pigtail test always comes back good and is not that old, and I keep the plug greased. It is a straight pigtail, if that matters, not one of the coiled ones and is ran in parallel with my rubber hosed airlines with that plastic wrap piece holding them all together. There is plenty of slack... New spring holder on back of cab too. No clue what is going on... No codes in the truck or with the ABS Controller...

Fleet we are leased onto will make you change your pigtail before they will approve any ABS trailer repairs based on lights in the dash. We started keeping a brand new spare in our truck just for that reason a long time ago. -- We learned a few things about it...

Try a brand new cheap one. Moisture gets in your pigtail and they almost always check good with tester, etc. and you will swear it is not the problem. -- Replace it,.. viola,.. problem solved.

Until you put a brand new one on there for testing, you cannot rule it out as your problem. Those prostars can't handle moisture in the pigtail for some reason.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , Waterloo
i have used 3 new cords trying to clear it. the other day i just took the dash apart and put a electrical tape over it till i can figure it out. I looked thru the diagrams trying to find out what would cause it as it does seem to go thru the cab computer as well as the abs computer. i really do not want to have to replace them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
the only cable i have not replaced is the one that plugs in under the cab that runs up near the fire wall that the pig tail plugs into wondering if that may be the cause
replyreply
01-26-2017, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
(01-25-2017 )linadin Wrote:  the only cable i have not replaced is the one that plugs in under the cab that runs up near the fire wall that the pig tail plugs into wondering if that may be the cause

Very possible. So far we have been lucky and our pigtail has been the only thing to cause it for us so far.

replyreply
01-27-2017, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
(01-25-2017 )linadin Wrote:  i have used 3 new cords trying to clear it. the other day i just took the dash apart and put a electrical tape over it till i can figure it out. I looked thru the diagrams trying to find out what would cause it as it does seem to go thru the cab computer as well as the abs computer. i really do not want to have to replace them.

If you own a POStar, and are having electrical issues, you will need this. Save it on your laptop as a PDF file... http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/...s08339.pdf

Here is the Navistar full monty on Bodybuilder, covers all models and years... http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/BBcircuitIX.htm
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.