Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking
10-23-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
RE: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking
Where does a person find this tool to change out the valve seals?

I'm having trouble finding it online

Also, to get the injectors out, do I have to buy cummins (inj removal tool)
Or can I pop them out like in series 60s, remove the inj hold down bolts and use a crows foot and walla??
replyreply
If the head is still on you need tool number 4919358 http://store.reliableindustries.com/engi...ve-spring/
replyreply
(10-23-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Also, to get the injectors out, do I have to buy cummins (inj removal tool)
Or can I pop them out like in series 60s, remove the inj hold down bolts and use a crows foot and walla??

I used a adjustable crows foot to pop mine out.
replyreply
Is this website the best place to order from?
I see no pictures to the part# lol

Have you ordered from them before
replyreply
I've never needed to do this repair. I just put a new head on during my Inframe 10k miles ago. It's just one of 2 places I found that sold that tool number.
replyreply
I will post pictures and all parts numbers tomorrow so you all will know. This is really not a hard job. I took the advice from Unilever's he said it was easy but I was nervous at first but since then its a cake walk.
replyreply
I think by the time you bought all the tools you'd have more $ invested in tools than paying a shop to do it. Between the spring compressor, seal puller, seal installers (there are 2) it would likely be close to a grand in tools you're likely to never need again.
replyreply
10-24-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
all you need is the spring compressor - the part numbers in my toolbox but im not near it at this moment.

1 - remove the injectors - you dont need the tool you can get them out fairly easily with a small heel bar.

2 - bar the cylinder over to TDC, use a ziptie in the injector hole to verify TDC.

3 - use the spring compressor and remove all 4 springs.

4 - use needle nose pliers to remove old stem seals, install new updated seals - you do not need a tool really they just push right on.

4 - reassemble and move to the next cylinder.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
10-24-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
(10-24-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  all you need is the spring compressor - the part numbers in my toolbox but im not near it at this moment.

1 - remove the injectors - you dont need the tool you can get them out fairly easily with a small heel bar.

2 - bar the cylinder over to TDC, use a ziptie in the injector hole to verify TDC.

3 - use the spring compressor and remove all 4 springs.

4 - use needle nose pliers to remove old stem seals, install new updated seals - you do not need a tool really they just push right on.

4 - reassemble and move to the next cylinder.

Awesome sounds super easy.

I just want to verify the part # for the tool???

But it online or thru my cummins dealer? Which ever is faster or cheaper?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.