Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking
10-24-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
RE: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking
The kit my cost is like $90 so i think that sounds right to me
replyreply
10-24-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
(10-24-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  The kit my cost is like $90 so i think that sounds right to me

What is the labor time to replace all the v/g seals?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-25-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
Book Time is like 8 hours
replyreply
(10-24-2016 )overshot Wrote:  I would also replace the valve collet part number 3680883. If they are not include in the kit. Better safe than sorry, no since in taking a chance of dropping a valve. I don't think they're very expensive

they ARE included in the kit. if you got a kit without them something is wrong.
replyreply
Just received my valve spring compressor

Looks like I can do four valves at once, or atleast compress the valve springs

Seems alot of miscommunication on this topic. A few guys had diff opinions on what was needed.

Please delete this topic if its too much b/s in between and maybe correct it with tools needed, procedure, I know rawze and a few other guys make some awesome how-to vids
replyreply
MAKE SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you have the valve that you are going to do make sure the piston is at top dead center...You can do 2 at a time. 1/6 2/5 3/4
replyreply
(10-25-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  MAKE SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you have the valve that you are going to do make sure the piston is at top dead center...You can do 2 at a time. 1/6 2/5 3/4

ive never seen anyone do that, but it would be kinda funny.......
replyreply
10-26-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
Is this valve guide seal problem also on the CM2350S as well. Late 2013?
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Cm2250 valve guide seals leaking ) 
Is their anyway of getting the seals out without buying another remover tool?

One poster said I needed a valve seal remover and installer and it seemed others said I didn't, unless I misunderstood?

I dont want to get the valve springs off and then wonder? well how do I pull those guide seals out?

So I need new injector tips? Something else needed to do this "simple job" unless these inj tips come with the valve guide seal kit, that was stated, "its all I need to complete this job"

Seems like this was a simple do it yourself job, then a few ppl commented about what was needed and maybe what wasnt?

I currently have the valve spring compressor tool that just came in, guessing just pull the injector out and insert valve spring compressor and walla the spring compresses and pull the keepers out. Tdc per cylinder, simple enough, Remove the keepers/spring and then seals are still in place. What do I need to pull them out? Crows foot, something similar or do I need the actual seal puller like one member stated in post?

Im replacing valve guide seals , again I asked what was needed to complete this job, I have the spring compressor tool, but wondering now if I needed another guide seal puller tool, like a member stated previously?

Im anal and a pain in ass, but I do not want to remove the injectors. Compress the springs and wonder what's the best way to pull those guide seals out??? And if the only way to do it the "correct" way is to buy another tool then so be it but if their is alternative way to getting the seals out without "said" tool then...awesome

This seems like a simple job, but never removed valve springs before with head attached to motor nor seals either, and not enough experience on cummins motors, only older detroit motors

Please bare with me guys, thanks yet again
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.