Replaceing Ignition Switch, 2008 ProStar...
10-22-2016, (Subject: Replaceing Ignition Switch, 2008 ProStar... ) 
Replaceing Ignition Switch, 2008 ProStar...
My ignition switch is going bad, so I got me a new one... I pulled off the front dash panel and had a quick look. There is a metal plate that the switch mounts in to... This metal plate is pop riveted into the dash structure, and from what I could feel in the dash, there is not much room back there to pull the old switch out from behind. Any of you guys ever replace this switch, and what was your method of attack? Drill out the pop rivets and rivet the plate back into place, or will the switch slide out from the back after loosening the collar nut?
replyreply
RE: Replaceing Ignition Switch, 2008 ProStar...
(10-22-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  My ignition switch is going bad, so I got me a new one... I pulled off the front dash panel and had a quick look. There is a metal plate that the switch mounts in to... This metal plate is pop riveted into the dash structure, and from what I could feel in the dash, there is not much room back there to pull the old switch out from behind. Any of you guys ever replace this switch, and what was your method of attack? Drill out the pop rivets and rivet the plate back into place, or will the switch slide out from the back after loosening the collar nut?

They make it difficult on purpose I suppose,.. that way someone can't just replace it and steal your truck at will. lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It is a pain but it will come out. Bought my truck as a repo and they rigged some aftermarket switch in. Had to replace connector and all.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
(10-22-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  It is a pain but it will come out. Bought my truck as a repo and they rigged some aftermarket switch in. Had to replace connector and all.

Did you drill the rivets out, or get it from behind?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.