Coolant Leak
10-24-2016, (Subject: Coolant Leak ) 
Coolant Leak
Hi group. I'm new to the site. I've been searching and watching as much videos as I can in a short period of time. I can't find information on that coolant problem.

I have a small leak coming from the coolant area (part name unknown). please see picture. If someone can tell me what its called, i'd appreciate it. Its mixed with soot and anti freeze. Not sure if i'm right or wrong. The picture will show black soot dripping down onto the EGR Cooler.

I have no engine code except and amber engine light. When I go in and read the engine diag it says refer to owners manual. LOL oooooookK!!

Can anyone help with this issue.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_2437_1477330247_34c5daca2c4bec1b348f9d0dc45a422c.jpg
replyreply
10-24-2016, (Subject: Coolant Leak ) 
RE: Coolant Leak
If you have coolant leaking there then you have a egr cooler leaking. There is NO coolant even near that part is the EGR valve. You can remove the pipe leading to the back of the egr cooler and see if you got coolant there and if you do then you know you will need a cooler
replyreply
12-12-2016, (Subject: Coolant Leak ) 
RE: Coolant Leak
(10-24-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  If you have coolant leaking there then you have a egr cooler leaking. There is NO coolant even near that part is the EGR valve. You can remove the pipe leading to the back of the egr cooler and see if you got coolant there and if you do then you know you will need a cooler

Thank you so much for your help on this. Sorry I haven't been able to login since posting this; and commenting. I've been running my butt off to catch up.

Just an FYI for others on this site that might experience this same issue. the EGR cooler only leaked once, thats all it takes. As soon this happens try and get it fixed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.