Maintenance free Crankcase filter
04-26-2018, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
RE: Maintenance free Crankcase filter
(04-26-2018 )Zusky407 Wrote:  I know the info is somewhere because I ran across it before, but what how much should I torque the bolts on the housing?

for the CC filter housing, mine shows the torque spec right on the cover.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Zusky407
03-01-2021, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
Wink RE: Maintenance free Crankcase filter
I have a 2020 X-15 and there's some type of box where the crankcase filter used to be on older version engines. It says "Enviro guard" on it so I'm assuming that some type of filter is in there. Has anyone opened one yet to see what's inside? If so, does it need periodic cleaning? Thanks, James[/b]
replyreply
03-01-2021, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
They claim to be maintenance free right from the factory on an X15.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-02-2021, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
(03-01-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  They claim to be maintenance free right from the factory on an X15.

My experience confirms this. Couple folks I know got the X15s just on the swap from ISX orders stopping and X15 starting. They all came with the maintenance free, or “forever” filters as some folks like to call them. New ones ordered are the same.
replyreply
03-02-2021, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
I am thinking nothing is forever... I am thinking that soot-packing could eventually clog one up?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
03-03-2021, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
I would agree Rawze. If they are built like the ones for the 2250/2350’s the little spring mechanism inside is very weak it wouldn’t take too much soot or even blow by oil slobber to gum one up.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.