Maintenance free Crankcase filter
03-07-2018, (Subject: Maintenance free Crankcase filter ) 
RE: Maintenance free Crankcase filter
(03-07-2018 )DTB Wrote:  Anyone know if there is one of these maintenance free filters for a ISC? I have a Cummins ISC 285. It throws crankcase over pressure code approximately every 6 weeks. So I replace the breather filter and it goes away. Filter is always plugged with oil. Would this filter your talking about for the isx happen to fit? Thanks for your help.

I'm not familiar with the ISC, but if it does not use the same c/c filter as the ISX, then just drill a 1/2" hole in the plastic part of the filter NOT the filter housing near the top atmosphere/exit side of the filter.
If you're getting that much oil in the filter this may be a better way to go anyway as it increases ventilation, but will trap most of the oil instead of ventilating excessive oil vapor making an mess on the underside of the truck.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maintenance free Crankcase filter - Hammerhead - 03-07-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.