Ummins ISX15 Random Overheating
10-26-2016, (Subject: Ummins ISX15 Random Overheating ) 
RE: Ummins ISX15 Random Overheating
(I have had a fer extra beers tonite lol)...

I have had 2 that no one could fix that were overheating. -- That being said,.. most of the time is is something obvious but there are too many morons at the stealerships with their head up their arsse any more to find the actual problem(s).

Of the 2 that werer NOt ovbious, (clogged raditor, annodized radiator, bad thermostat, or brass ring on bottom of housing,.. etc.etc.etc.. -- They were...

* One of them had the fan solenoid plumbed backwards from the factory. It would work but made the clutch slip and would not cool the truck properly in a hard pull. -- it also caused the truck to eat fan clutches once in a while too.

* th eOther one, the damn engine fan was installed backwards,.. and it was PUSHING air forward into the radiator instead of pulling it through like it should. At idle it was had=rd to see the problem,.. but going down the road,.. no air was getting through the radiator because it was pushing against the incoming air to the front of it. -- The irony of that truck, is that it was at about 8 or 9 places and EVERY MECHANIC said they could not find anything wrong... -- I saw it as soon as the hood went up,.. and sad part is,.. i don't own a pete.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ummins ISX15 Random Overheating - Rawze - 10-26-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.