Ddec 2 detroit diesel
10-25-2016, (Subject: Ddec 2 detroit diesel ) 
Ddec 2 detroit diesel
I'm looking for anybody familiar with the ddec 2 series 60 engines. I have many questions. I've heard they can not be diagnastic checked because they are too old for current ddec software. So only way to check is sae flash codes?
Would it even be worth while to run a 11 liter Detroit cross country being I think they are only 1350 torque and 365 hp usually?
replyreply
10-26-2016, (Subject: Ddec 2 detroit diesel ) 
RE: Ddec 2 detroit diesel
(10-25-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  I'm looking for anybody familiar with the ddec 2 series 60 engines. I have many questions. I've heard they can not be diagnastic checked because they are too old for current ddec software. So only way to check is sae flash codes?
Would it even be worth while to run a 11 liter Detroit cross country being I think they are only 1350 torque and 365 hp usually?

Gearhead would be the man for that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-26-2016, (Subject: Ddec 2 detroit diesel ) 
You will need to find you an old prolink.... Looks like a box type reader. I ran into that about 7 months ago...
replyreply
10-28-2016, (Subject: Ddec 2 detroit diesel ) 
I know where there is one, but no I won't sell it.
I may be able to track down another, if someone needs one. No guarantees, but I know a guy that used to have several.
Shoot me a PM if you do.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
11-21-2016, (Subject: Ddec 2 detroit diesel ) 
I see them on egay for about $275. I think I will start useing this truck soon. It's going to be an experiance with a 365hp 11.1 s60 and 4.33 gearing and 10 speed. The guy I got it from said it ran real good at 60mph, at 1700 rpm grossing 100,000 hauling potatoes. And over 6mpg avg.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.