Insite 7.6.2 on Windows 10
10-26-2016, (Subject: Insite 7.6.2 on Windows 10 ) 
Insite 7.6.2 on Windows 10
Does anyone have experience running insite on Windows 10? I've seen mixed response about compatibility and I wanted to see if anyone here has done it with success. I already have a laptop running 10 and I'd rather use it than buy another one just for running win 7. I've got a eBay insite/inline 5 waiting at home.
replyreply
RE: Insite 7.6.2 on Windows 10
You're better off with a cheap laptop, Win7 or XP that is dedicated to truck isolated from the Internet.
My old $100 duo core 2gb ram, works fine for truck only.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
it runs fine on windows 10. its not my first choice but if thats what you have its fine.
replyreply
Is there anything special a guy needs to do to run it or just install as normal and go
replyreply
Anything beyond Win 7 is crap. I am sooo done with MS and 3 or 4 service packs just to get it to work right. It just never lives up to the promise.

If you have an cm871, 7.5 is all you need to run.
If you have a 2250-2350, yeah you should to be running Insite 7.6
Win 10 spies on loaded software anyway.

If you haven't had the pleasure of running Linux, try it. Ubuntu or Lubuntu. FREE!
You can run duel boot on the same hard disc and load win 7 in a virtual machine.
Never had any problem running Insite.
Windows actually runs better in a VM on Linux. Very light on hardware resources.

My point is, don't let the hardware dictate, there are options.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
You're right, tons of options but I'm just not going to go and spend a dime on another laptop IF I can make it work on the one I have.

The laptop I have is primarily for gaming which is why it must stay Win 10 because of ease of compatibility in the gaming world.

If it doesn't work (or it does I have spare cash in the future) a used thinkpad running win 7 can be had around here for about $200.
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Insite 7.6.2 on Windows 10 ) 
I just got a nice used dell for 280. There were cheaper options but I opted for the nicer and cleaner one. Could of bought one for 200.. or less. Probably better off getting a separate one and wipe it clean
replyreply
(10-26-2016 )Matt Wrote:  You're right, tons of options but I'm just not going to go and spend a dime on another laptop IF I can make it work on the one I have.

The laptop I have is primarily for gaming which is why it must stay Win 10 because of ease of compatibility in the gaming world.

If it doesn't work (or it does I have spare cash in the future) a used thinkpad running win 7 can be had around here for about $200.

I can see his futurte,.. he manages to put Insite on his "gaming" windblows 10 machine,.. then comes on the forun=m in a couple months complaining his ECM is dead -- because it got a virus!.

YOUR TRUCK IS A TOOL TO MAKE YOU MONEY! -- NOT A VIDEO GAME OR A CAR OR A TOY! -- IT IS A DANGEROUS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT TO BOOT! -- DON'T F#$#K AROUND BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE A CHEAP BASTARD!!!---

INSITE IS A TOOL, -- THINK OF IT LIKE A WRENCH!!!! -- FOR FIXING SAID TRUCK AND YES, YOU CAN GET A VIRUS IN YOUR ENGINE AND ECM!!!

DON'T BE AN IDIOT!!!--- DO THE RIGHT THING!!! --- GET A COMPUTER DEDICATED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR ENGINE AND NEVER NEVER CONNECT IT TO THE INTERNET!!! --- OTHERWISE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT WHEN YOU COME ON HERE COMPLAINING THAT IT DON'T WORK WHEN YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD IN THE DESERT SOME DAY,.. YOUR ECM IS TOAST BECAUSE YOU GOT A VIRUS IN IT, OR WORSE YERT -- SAID VIRUS SENT A PISTON THROUGH THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK OR ACCELERATED THE ENGINE OUT OF CONTROL!!.

Here is one good example of what the world of viruses is coming to...
https://youtu.be/7g0pi4J8auQ

"As they say at the barber-shop the scissors that you use for hair,.. you DO NOT use to cut paper. "

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
Your advice is well taken, I'll look at getting another computer. Out of curiosity, Is there any evidence of this actually happening to someone?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.