How to make a backup copy of the mods that was done my truck.
10-28-2016, (Subject: How to make a backup copy of the mods that was done my truck. ) 
How to make a backup copy of the mods that was done my truck.
To make a long story short, I brought 09 prostar from long mountain off ebay. When I brought the EGR was deleted. Just in case I have to take truck into a dealer or a shop, I would like to backup the custom mods. Second I will like to find someone who can look at what they did to make sure its done properly.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
10-28-2016, (Subject: How to make a backup copy of the mods that was done my truck. ) 
RE: how to make a backup with insite
I don't understand the question.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
(10-28-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  I don't understand the question. Didn't know you could back up anything on insite. What are you trying to do?

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
I brought my truck off ebay, and someone had already did delete on it. Just in case I have to take the truck to the shop or dealer, I would like to backup up the mods that was did on the truck, or what do I need to backup?

(10-28-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  
(10-28-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  I don't understand the question. Didn't know you could back up anything on insite. What are you trying to do?

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
this is part of a step by step document created by Zero Crisis ....

connect insite to your engine's ECM, go to the 'Work Order' screen and start a new work order if it has not been done. Allow the ECM to be backed up via the work order. After the ECM is supposedly backed up, the next thing you should do is print out the ECM image. Expand the work order, highlighting the ECM image, and choose 'Print ECM Image(s). Print the entire image to a PDF file (TinyPDF is needed), and save it into your Project folder for the truck. It is NOT an actual ECM Image by any means, but rather all your settings for that particular truck. That 80+ page printed ECM image is very important!. It will contain your settings for all of the devices on the truck, like what address each of the switches are assigned to, etc. It is very difficult to get this information back if it gets corrupted or lost!

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
RE: How to make a backup copy of the mods that was done my truck.
(10-28-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  this is part of a step by step document created by Zero Crisis ....

connect insite to your engine's ECM, go to the 'Work Order' screen and start a new work order if it has not been done. Allow the ECM to be backed up via the work order. After the ECM is supposedly backed up, the next thing you should do is print out the ECM image. Expand the work order, highlighting the ECM image, and choose 'Print ECM Image(s). Print the entire image to a PDF file (TinyPDF is needed), and save it into your Project folder for the truck. It is NOT an actual ECM Image by any means, but rather all your settings for that particular truck. That 80+ page printed ECM image is very important!. It will contain your settings for all of the devices on the truck, like what address each of the switches are assigned to, etc. It is very difficult to get this information back if it gets corrupted or lost!

I will have to connect directly at the engine and not in the cab is that correct???

replyreply
either will work but if you don't want to lose the image you can convert it to a Template

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(10-28-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  either will work but if you don't want to lose the image you can convert it to a Template

How do I go by doing that

replyreply
connect insite to your ECM create a work order for it, click on the file tab on the toolbar on top, choose convert and then ECM Templates.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.