2016 Freightliner Cascadia
01-14-2017, (Subject: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia ) 
RE: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia
(10-31-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(10-30-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Stop and think about resale value when you're done with it and total cost of ownership.
You can still get financing on a 2010 without DEF.

Thanks, but what I've been seeing there is no resale value in anything. Unless it's a w900 or 389. And look at waterloo's situation he bought that used truck and has pretty much had to rebuild the darn thing.
I also have a 2012 pete 386 that has had m,m'2 done. And I'm looking at having to spend more and more on it. And of course I know even a new truck can and will have issues to be repaired. This 2012, I'll get some things fixed and by God 2 more issues pop up.

Overshot, for the money, and if I could go back in time, I would go with a 2007 or older, CM-870 or a Detroit without EGR. I would hunt around for a well cared for one owner truck. Use the monies saved and slowly go through the truck, make it your own. The bulk of my issues were all emissions, just like on all of these new trucks. So far, after ridding myself of the mandate and the in frame, the truck is now manageable with just routine maintenance like a truck should be. Like I am used to.

I work around these auto plants up here in Michigan, and I talk to many guys, company and O/Os... Many of the company guys are driving NEW SCR Freightliner day cabs with the Detroits, Ryder supplies them. I was talking to a guy just two days ago, and he had nothing good to say about their new Freightliners. As was mentioned above, freezing up, electrical issues, emission issues, etc. He was an old hand, been out here for years, finally has that dreamed for local gig that gets him home daily. He said he loved the new trucks as far as the interior and ride, but he wished they would have just saved the old non emission trucks and fixed them up as they were reliable. Winter he said is incredibly rough on these new trucks, they actually had several of their shuttle trucks go down simultaneously a few weeks ago. They shut down the entire GM Lansing MI Delta assembly plant for a few hours until they could get replacement trucks in!

The other issue they are having with these new trucks, they never seem to get fixed. Sounds like the same problem we had in ND with the Freightliners we ran. Well, they did not run, as no one was able to fix them. Out of 5 if one was running we were lucky, these were Freightliner Detroit SCR 13 liter day cabs.

You know something, the salesman at the International dealer is always on me to buy one of his new Internationals. I just think about that roughly $2000 to $3000 a month payment with insurance and such. Then having to buy DEF fluid. Then I think of all of the downtime due to faulty emissions and all of the other problems they bring, like the CM2250 and the plungers in the fuel pump... Then the down time waiting to get into the shop for that warranty work... Then having to educate myself on all of the systems, more diagnostic tools... And no clue how I would go about working on a Detroit, you cannot even see the motor under all of the emissions crap on there... And I know of no site like this one here to run to for help.

Hate to be a downer, but I would not buy a new truck if you gave it to me half off. I have lived the emissions nightmare, and I do not want to return, no matter how gorgeous the cab may be. A glider, I could do that. At least I know what I am looking at. With all of the knowledge I have gained here at Rawze.com, I feel confident that I could in frame an old Series 60 in my driveway. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , hhow55 , overshot , Doublecoin
01-18-2017, (Subject: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia ) 
Great response waterloo,
I decided not to buy the new truck. Of course, the dealer wanted me to give away my truck. I decided with the cash down and the $1200 extra on the truck payment I could do alot of repairs and have a better truck in the end. And I too have learned a lot on this forum and the hands on training I get at Mr. Hagg's shop.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg , Waterloo , Doublecoin , Sergiu
02-13-2017, (Subject: 2016 Freightliner Cascadia ) 
Worked for freightshaker from the start of the Cascadia to the Evo left for easy pension, union job lol still work as a hobby on the side
Biggest issue is the aftertreatment harnesses not usually the actual components just the freightliner harnesses with all engine platforms.
Detroits have issues with engine harnesses and will drop injectors for no reason
Cummins are strong small issues nothing big
Now saying that, some were sold and never seen again; and some are back every week, both engines but just like everything you never know what can happen

Now oem side yes the truck has issues with
sam cabs(windshield leaks)
sam chassis (green shi#t grows on power post leech inside causes weird stuff)
pnbp and shut off ( same green monster)
water leak in pillar beside driver seat screws up pdm there causes cab issues and self starts
just a few things but proper spraying of rust check and fix the leaks you're good
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , overshot , Waterloo , Sergiu , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.