ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
04-26-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
(04-26-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(04-23-2016 )stevesparts Wrote:  Well just got done installing a bypass filter(amsoil) and of course overkilled it by using some aftermarket fittings(AN8) and steel braided lines. run out of the #4 hex plug in the picture(14mm 1,5 thread to AN 8) to the filter,had to drill to mount as the space i had a mount would have been to close to the turbo for my taste. then got some nifty 180 deg AN8 fittings run to and from it(no nasty bends) and ran it down to hex plug the block(18mm 1.5 thread to AN 8) no muss no fuss..took about 1.5 hrs to do. as i'm out of practice on putting fitting together.(pita :)) had to get most of the fittings/filter online as no one had what i wanted around here. but still got it in for about $ 273.00 so not to bad,as you could spend more on other systems.
So shop around i"m sure someone can do it cheaper than that :)

We'll I'm trying to find the fitting, the m14 and m18. But I haven't been able to find the right fitting with orings. Can you send me a link to where you got them.
Thanks

Search Google Maps near you for "hydraulic hoses". The stores listed should be the quickest way to get the fittings you need. Or look for something like this http://www.jegs.com/i/Heidts/164/PS-030/10002/-1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
04-26-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(04-23-2016 )stevesparts Wrote:  Well just got done installing a bypass filter(amsoil) and of course overkilled it by using some aftermarket fittings(AN8) and steel braided lines. run out of the #4 hex plug in the picture(14mm 1,5 thread to AN 8) to the filter,had to drill to mount as the space i had a mount would have been to close to the turbo for my taste. then got some nifty 180 deg AN8 fittings run to and from it(no nasty bends) and ran it down to hex plug the block(18mm 1.5 thread to AN 8) no muss no fuss..took about 1.5 hrs to do. as i'm out of practice on putting fitting together.(pita :)) had to get most of the fittings/filter online as no one had what i wanted around here. but still got it in for about $ 273.00 so not to bad,as you could spend more on other systems.
So shop around i"m sure someone can do it cheaper than that :)

We'll I'm trying to find the fitting, the m14 and m18. But I haven't been able to find the right fitting with orings. Can you send me a link to where you got them.
Thanks
replyreply
04-27-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
I have talk to my local hydraulic supplier. They have the m14 but without the oring. I guess I'll just keep searching. Jegs has 6an x m14 but not 8an.
replyreply
Any implement dealer John deer caseih or cat should hack a good selection of fittings and make up any hoses need
replyreply
Also try Summit racing thats where i got mine. They were the russell fittings
part #rus-670490 for 14mm(12.97) and rus-670560 for the 18mm.(4.97 they are blue) but you can find different ones on there to. I just took the o ring off the plugs and put them on the new fittings with a little teflon tape just to make sure no leaks.(none so far) jegs has them but you really have to look. just make sure you get all your fittings that you need so your no stuck without :)
ps: got them in like 2 days reg. ground shipping(free :) )
replyreply
04-28-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Thanks fellas.
I guess I need to think more outside the box.
I was trying to find THE right fitting.
Just don't like undoing and redoing.
And I was afraid of the aluminum fittings. I didn't think they would hold up.
And I hadn't even thought of JD. Heck, I even drive by at least one JD dealer everyday
replyreply
04-28-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Don't be afraid of aluminum it's been used for years with no problems and it is just the fitting so not to much stress going on there like a bolt,as long as you don't put it under a bunch of stress it will hold up for years. :) used them for years on cars/pickups(off road) with no problems at all(daily driver too) and they seen more way abuse than my truck will ever go through.(way high speed off road/track) done more damage to oil pans than fittings.LOL
replyreply
05-01-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
What do people think of the spinner 2 filters? I got fittings at a local hydraulic supply store they had to order them in 15.00 for 3 it just took a little bit to find the right ones but they are out there.
replyreply
05-02-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(05-01-2016 )Bigcam3cummins Wrote:  What do people think of the spinner 2 filters? I got fittings at a local hydraulic supply store they had to order them in 15.00 for 3 it just took a little bit to find the right ones but they are out there.

An ISX does not make enough oil pressure to operate a spinner filter correctly. There are a couple models that operate on air that will work though.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.