Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid
11-02-2016, (Subject: Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid
Getting a code for fuel shut off value (which is the solenoid ) truck keep shutting down every 2 mins is there away for me to bypass so I can make off the side of the road to pick up the part

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
11-02-2016, (Subject: Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
RE: Help broke down
(11-02-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Getting a code for fuel shut off value (which is the solenoid ) truck keep shutting down every 2 mins is there away for me to bypass so I can make off the side of the road to pick up the part

When that happened to mine, I took it off, removed the guts to it and put it back on without hooking up the wire to it.

LOL,.. I never did fix it,.. my truck runs just fine without it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-03-2016, (Subject: Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
(11-02-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Getting a code for fuel shut off value (which is the solenoid ) truck keep shutting down every 2 mins is there away for me to bypass so I can make off the side of the road to pick up the part

When that happened to mine, I took it off, removed the guts to it and put it back on without hooking up the wire to it.

LOL,.. I never did fix it,.. my truck runs just fine without it.

Thanks Rawze for helping me... I really appreciate the help and the phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
11-04-2016, (Subject: Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
Rawze you're awesome
replyreply
11-04-2016, (Subject: Help broke down -- PID:S017 SPN632 FMI4 fuel shutoff solenoid ) 
I found out that if the ECM sees the fuel shutoff solenoid is shorted out, it shuts down the engine. If it sees it as an "open circuit" I.E. - Disconnected, it will still allow the engine to run. Only problem is getting the fuel past it. Hence, taking out the guts for it and putting it back on when it fails, and leaving the wire for it disconnected. You get a check engine light, but not a shutdown light.

Of course, you may end up with a different problem if you have leaky metering actuators. The engine may not shut off right away, but that problem will not keep you on the side of the road. Worse case scenario, you might have to unplug the big square power connector on the left side of the ECM to shut the engine down if you do have worn out, leaky actuators, but at least you aren't a sitting duck at the mercy of a tow truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.