Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...
03-15-2019, (Subject: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)... ) 
RE: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)...
Question: What about running some ratio of gear lube and Lucas?

Sound crazy? Let me explain..
Forgive the length..

First, I've never wanted to run Lucas, and I still don't for the main reason already suggested (no protective additives). But I've been adding a gallon after every oil change (1 1/2 during June, July, & August) since my truck hit 800,000 miles.

The reason has been to reduce oil consumption. Currently, my truck is at 1.14 million miles and she's using a gallon of Delvac every 6K.

I would love to rebuild her today, but that's not happening today. $$$ October is a more realistic goal for me.

That said, I believe there has been an accidental benefit to using Lucas. I have two unimpressive oil leaks; one at the flywheel housing and one at the gear housing. They are visible on the motor but not on the ground, at least not after adding the Lucas, which I always start adding after virgin oil has reached 6 or 7K. In other words, the "Olefin copolymers" appear to be sealing these leaks up.

So now, I have all this new info about gear lube (thanks, Rawze). I'm sold and ready to make the switch, but I wonder about adding a little Lucas (Olefin copolymers) back into the mix, especially during those summer months?

Most importantly, will mixing cause harm?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I do NOT Use Lucas (Opinion)... - JKBowman - 03-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.