Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
10-04-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
Yes, you are correct. Those are fine, I thought you were looking at buying some off flea bay or something. 430.00 is in the ball park.
replyreply
10-04-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
Oh I tried ebay once for a part on my apu. It failed right after 90 day warrenty and I said never again. I'll pay more but get the actually oem parts.
I bought one timing actuator from cummins a few years ago ( brand new) and it leaked fuel out of the little pin holes on the face of it. It wasn't much but just to make it look moist. It wasn't my truck at the time and every cummins shop I talked to or kw dealer gave me a deer in the headlights look when I asked them about this. Ended up being replaced.
replyreply
10-28-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
My back timing actuators was leaking I guess bad gasket, but either way I pulled it off and measured the shaft side play. It was 9 thou' of an inch. So I decided to buy a recon one for 430$ at cummins in Orlando, FL. I measured it too, and it shown 5 thou' of an inch. I decided to ask where the dealer took the recon parts, and they gave me the number for Associated Fuel in Georgia. I called them, they said they do not recon actuators because nobody sells parts for it so they can't help me any further on this question.
If someone else has the same experience please share, I wish ask what your side play threshold was on new or recon parts. Thanks!

picture sharing
replyreply
10-28-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
(10-28-2016 )Sergiu Wrote:  My back timing actuators was leaking I guess bad gasket, but either way I pulled it off and measured the shaft side play. It was 9 thou' of an inch. So I decided to buy a recon one for 430$ at cummins in Orlando, FL. I measured it too, and it shown 5 thou' of an inch. I decided to ask where the dealer took the recon parts, and they gave me the number for Associated Fuel in Georgia. I called them, they said they do not recon actuators because nobody sells parts for it so they can't help me any further on this question.
If someone else has the same experience please share, I wish ask what your side play threshold was on new or recon parts. Thanks!

picture sharing

Yes, many of the recon actuators have more side-play than new ones. It seems to be ok, because there is no step in the plunger from excess wear. I am thinking they are polishing the old ones down/removing the step in them if they aren't too bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-12-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
I'll not buy recon parts anymore. This is my second time when a reman part has fallen, first was an air compressor head. I was driving from TN to TX when suddenly the engine stopped and a strong smell of diesel comes in the cab. I pulled on the shoulder and opened the hood to see my new recon timing actuator broken apart. :oh:
replyreply
11-16-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
i cant beleive i guy cant buy a rebuild kit for these just another 10 dollar peice of metal that cost 675 buck up here in canada.
replyreply
11-17-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
I did mine. Learned a little about them.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201611/post_1845_1479391530_252746e826e11e8029a8f5e853b157ca.jpg./uploads/201611/post_1845_1479391547_e77e91466423029251f9352b79996b24.jpg
replyreply
03-05-2017, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
So on top of checking the fueling and metering actuators and the injector test, is there any other beneficial steps to take? I seem to remember unilevers saying you can clean other parts fuel system related but be damned if I can find that post now.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-06-2017, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
The two pressure regulators, can't remember the exact numbers but I think it's a 260 & 380 psi regulator, as well as the oriface for the timing relief I think.
I'll try and find it for you...
Post number 7 of this thread http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid12033

The pressure regulators are #'s 25 & 37. The oriface is under plug #59 I believe. He told me he uses a mirror & a pick for the oriface.
Quickserve->Parts->Fuel System->Delivery System->Fuel Pump drawing # fp107ga
In service, under the IFSM drawing # 05c00201 shows it much less cluttered, but not numbered for a better reference.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , trucklogger2 , Dd614

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.