6.5 whoop whoop!
11-16-2016, (Subject: 6.5 whoop whoop! ) 
RE: 6.5 whoop whoop!
I am wondering what rpm I should stay at while cruising? 3.44 gears and lp22.5 tires. 1320 rpm is 57mph if I remember correctly.
replyreply
11-17-2016, (Subject: 6.5 whoop whoop! ) 
(11-16-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  I am wondering what rpm I should stay at while cruising? 3.44 gears and lp22.5 tires. 1320 rpm is 57mph if I remember correctly.

I can tell you that 57 is too slow for anyone trying to slwo down that is used to 70 mph. Try 63 or so first for a couple weeks.

Start driving by your boost gauge too. Limit the torque so that you only ever get 20 or so lbs max up the hills. You will also find your cruise control is your enemy when doing this. it will give the truck too much boost and power at even the slightest incline, instead of letting it fall off a miles/hour or so.

Lastly,, the engine may need some serious tune-up work/maint. and other stuff too. Most truck owners neglect their equipment badly, then go into panic mode when there is a check engine light, etc... instead of actually keeping after things that are known to lower fuel mileage and cause problems.

Lets see,.. If I owned a T700 with a CM2250,.. reefer freight, 48 states, mostly heavy,. Stock I could easily push 7 - 7.5 mpg out of it at 63~ish if engine/sensors was in decent shape,... MM'd at 57-60~ish,... long term 8+ or higher with the occasional fill-up above 9 mpg.

It is not easy to do but the reward is the education and mindset of driving for high profitability is where you benefit long term. What your goal should be is driving that way until it becomes your normal driving style.

Once it is your new normal, and you actually start enjoying going a bit slower, having less stress,have better time management, etc. eventually you will not even like going faster. This is where you want to be so that you can start focusing on other things,.. and look towards getting your own truck. This time around though, doing so with much better understanding on how to make it successful with a decent long term profit that you can keep.

I don't know about anyone else,.. but I like having a house and truck that that is completely paid for. I did NOT have to run like a bat out of hell and killing myself to get to that point in life. -- It simply takes a bit of long term discipline of ones self instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
A high number of trucks on highway run with the 5th too far backwards so gap there it's eating profit ($$$$)that u can built a cushion over 10-20 y of trucking, the wrong mentality for many is that the steer axle weight has to be under 12k lbs

I ordered this T680 with a 13.2k front axle and H rated tires, now, I don't even bother with 12 900 lbs on the steers over dot scales, what they do is come out and ask my front setup(( twice only in 3.5 y)) ....

Many still saying that cannot get rich in trucking!!!!
Well, same what Mr R. said before I consider that rich enough, if this is was what u wanna do in life....

So Mr jarhead, that aero T700 must be ill in some way cause 6.7 mpg is not where it should be imo... Cold and windy and winter fuel won't help it either .
replyreply
This dam t700 has a stationary 5th wheel. And it's completely factory set and tuned. But the boss only fixes things when broke. And I pretty much never see him but maybe once a year. He does not have a good maintenance program for his trucks, and I can only do so much. I stated earlier in different thread that the truck and trailer both need "all" shocks replaced. I can not properly maintain tires because they keep getting chewed up. And then he tells me go grab a used tire. Some days I want to pull my hair out. And he does not get yearly axle alighnments. So I just run the equipment like I'm told. I'm glad it's not mine. Maybe I can get him to buy shocks if I install them.
replyreply
Impact gun, 1/2 Inch flexible hose 25 feet long,deep sockets and a glad handle, u will be all set with $300 investment .for small fixes. And build tools stock from there
replyreply
I just use two 1 1/16 wrenches and a pipe for shocks. But I do need impact and hose. Is the glad hand adapter kits a good way to power air tools?
replyreply
Yes u have 125 psi blowing in that hose, changed all mine , no problem
In the past I've changed them with electrical gun,just fine....

You will be paying for the tools just with what it pays to change all 6 almost

Ceck Aircat 1150 killer torque small, fast and cheap
replyreply
(11-17-2016 )T680 Wrote:  Yes u have 125 psi blowing in that hose, changed all mine , no problem
In the past I've changed them with electrical gun,just fine....

You will be paying for the tools just with what it pays to change all 6 almost

Ceck Aircat 1150 killer torque small, fast and cheap

Are you reffering to all 6 shocks, that you've replaced? And when replacing shocks do you mean you take tires off? When I did my shocks before I did not take tires off just used wrenchs and pipe while wheels were on. And a good measure of elbow grease. Phhht.
replyreply
2 front and 4 drives

All stays, just remove the bolts with the impact way faster than using the elbow grease as u put it
Unless u are young enough and wanna keep the biceps pumped....lol
Look for the gun,hybrid hose is better to stay straight in cold , don't forget oil for air tools ....Amazon has them all....

Btwy something like Armstrong universal joint maxx 1/2, might give u access to tighter spaces
It may be the best/strongest universal joint made... Not cheap though
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.