What could this be. Pictures inside
03-02-2016, (Subject: What could this be. Pictures inside ) 
RE: What could this be. Pictures inside
Thanks eric that's what I figured. Gotta change that cooler then. I appreciate the help
replyreply
03-02-2016, (Subject: What could this be. Pictures inside ) 
[quote='gonzo1949' pid='620' dateline='1456841813']

I took the venturi pipe off and it's got this brownish color instead of the normal black soot.
[/quote It looks like your Egr cooler it's leaking
replyreply
03-03-2016, (Subject: What could this be. Pictures inside ) 
Could be condensation and gases (causing the color). Mine had the same, and it's disfunctional. When it was taken apart there was water in the egr valve.
If you're not losing coolant, and it's not all mucky in the piping, it's doubtful it's leaking. I wished mine was leaking causing cooling system pressure. But the cause of that was worst case scenario. Now I have a rebuilt engine with a new head.
replyreply
(03-03-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Could be condensation and gases (causing the color). Mine had the same, and it's disfunctional. When it was taken apart there was water in the egr valve.
If you're not losing coolant, and it's not all mucky in the piping, it's doubtful it's leaking. I wished mine was leaking causing cooling system pressure. But the cause of that was worst case scenario. Now I have a rebuilt engine with a new head.

How is that thing running by the way.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-03-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Could be condensation and gases (causing the color). Mine had the same, and it's disfunctional. When it was taken apart there was water in the egr valve.

How is that thing running by the way.?

As someone who hates counting chickens, even after they've hatched, I have to say I'm happy. It seems to be running real good. Like a normal truck. Thanks Gearhead & @m*m^2.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.