TURBO SPEED SENSOR
11-17-2016, (Subject: TURBO SPEED SENSOR ) 
TURBO SPEED SENSOR
I ran the fault codes on this 09 Pro Star (CM871 363091 miles) for a friend (driver). Truck had been to Cummins, Dealer, and private shop. He has receipt for Turbo Speed Sensor replacement. Codes had been cleared. I ran the codes in Quick Serve printed all the results as PDF files and emailed them to the Owner and Driver. Told them they had enough info to fix the truck.
Due to the severe tramma caused by the Dealer (two weeks to change a radiator cap), Cummins, and Private Shop, and my code reading, The Owner let the driver go and decided to park the truck! Driver told me that the Owner wants to meet with me but he is out sick (mental ward maybe). Anybody got any suggestions on how to proceed with my hobby (free diagnosis metal and mental)?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201611/post_1372_1479385235_abdf4402784f73f60717cb52d414593f.png

User's Signature: Slow Minded not Stupid.
replyreply
RE: TURBO SPEED SENSOR
bad IMAP? - most likely.

Looks like it needs new IMAP and exhaust BP sensors, most likely an EGR tune-up/pipes cleaned out, inspection of turbo and actuator, etc. overall.

Turbo speed problems are also associated with

*speed sensor bad.
*clogged air filter
*bad or clogged CAC unit (or maybe someone installed an after-market duralite P.O.S.), or cracked CAC.
* possibly clogged exhaust component(s) causing the turbo to run incorrectly.

just to name a few suspects.

==============

I BLAME THE TRUCK OWNER! -- for relying on incompetent dealer networks, etc. and not getting directly involved in the process of ensuring things get done right the first time so that you get long term results.

A lot of truck owners with hired drivers will nickel and dime a truck along,.. and it always eventually eats their lunch in the end. Instead of doing the right thing, getting involved directly with the long term health of their equipment, they simply push all their problems off onto someone else, then blame the equipment when it makes them no money, and it pisses off drivers that have to sit all the time for stupid reasons.

=====

I guarantee you , that if I had a truck sitting at a shops parking lot for 2 weeks,.. I would be underneath the damn thing every day trying to fix as much of it it myself while waiting, instead of having all that time wasted.

just my own thoughts on it any ways.

====

I was taking a 34-reset at Jubits in Washington state once. There was a guy in there onwer-op, complaining that he had to wait another 2 weeks of sitting because his specialized, stretched long nose KW had a bad wiring harness for the tail lights, and it was going to take 2 more weeks for the dealer to get a special-order harness for it... ALL the brake lights, etc. were out in the back.

i shook my head and looked at the guy,.. and said -- "REALLY!?" -- you are just going to sit there like a dumb shi#t complaining and watching TV EVERY SINGLE DAY?! for the next 2 weeks,.. when you could have pulled out the wiring harness,.. taken the covering off it,.. pulled hard at all the wires one at a time to find the weak/bad spot, then patched it up,.. in about 2 days be rolling again maybe tops,.. but instead you sit and complain like a dumbasse,.. --- YOU DESERVE THAT OVERPRICED FACTORY HARNESS!!!--- Just sit there! ... You deserve to go out of business!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks. Driver had pulled and inspected exhaust filter befor I got there. Said it was clean and blew it out, not much ash. From the outside it looks like it has been replaced (shiny). What's CAC? What's P.O.S. ? I hate abreaviations.
Only 1 count on IMAP, but I agree should be inspected and changed and EGR tuned.

replyreply
(11-17-2016 )1096 Wrote:  Thanks. Driver had pulled and inspected exhaust filter befor I got there. Said it was clean and blew it out, not much ash. From the outside it looks like it has been replaced (shiny). What's CAC? What's P.O.S. ? I hate abreaviations.
Only 1 count on IMAP, but I agree should be inspected and changed and EGR tuned.

-- CAC -> Charge Air Cooler

-- P.O.S. -> Piece Of S$IT#

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
WIRE HARNESS to blame
I had same problem with 871 after service guy messed with wire harness to change fuel filter. Check all ground and +12v supply, pull ECM plug out and check. Look closely plug pins are OK.
Diagram to help in attachment

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ISX_EGR_S_Chematic.pdf (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 60)
replyreply
11-19-2016, (Subject: TURBO SPEED SENSOR ) 
Thanks Snailexpress. Your a human dictionary! Owner came to his senses. Doing EGR tune on Mon. Downloaded diagram. will inspect wiring.

replyreply
11-19-2016, (Subject: TURBO SPEED SENSOR ) 
I also found out that the turbo controller had a kit put in it? I thought you just replaced them. I viewed the video on turbos. I probably need to reinstall it and recalibrate at least.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.