What's this on oil pan magnet?
11-18-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
RE: What's this on oil pan magnet?
(11-18-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  I tell ya man. I've completely lost any and all faith in Peterbilt dealerships. It's unacceptable to be dropping parts in an engine. To be dropping parts in your engine, from a completely different engine? I don't know what that is.
This was also a Peterbilt. Can you believe the head gasket lasted nearly a year on this one? Think the Pete covered it?

(screaming) "the lords name in vain!!!"
Followed by WTF!!!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
12-28-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
(11-18-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  I tell ya man. I've completely lost any and all faith in Peterbilt dealerships. It's unacceptable to be dropping parts in an engine. To be dropping parts in your engine, from a completely different engine? I don't know what that is.
This was also a Peterbilt. Can you believe the head gasket lasted nearly a year on this one? Think the Pete covered it?

Thats the crappiest repair i have ever heard of. Wow and double wow. Had i not seen this pic i would have argued this was not possible. Thats a number 10 sealing ring.
replyreply
Peterbilt in llyodminster, ab rebuilt mine cat c15 and magically something was wrong right away. when the motor was taken apart you could see circles from the exhaust and intake valves hitting the piston!

Edmonton, ab peterbilt rebuilt a isx 2250 and left the rubber plugs in the oil galleries that they had out in during a rebuild so crud wouldn't get it...... well oil wouldn't get in either after the rebuild!!!! Brought the truck to another shop because faith was obviously lost in Stahl peterbilt, because of that they would only cover parts and no labor..... Small price to pay as they would never warranty a warranty anyways.

Idiots everywhere

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(12-28-2016 )Starlight Wrote:  

Thats the crappiest repair i have ever heard of. Wow and double wow. Had i not seen this pic i would have argued this was not possible. Thats a number 10 sealing ring.

He was given a one year, 100k mile warranty on rebuild. Gasket blew around 10 months but his mileage was like 115k so they paid nothing. $127/hour for what?
replyreply
THat picture is for sure not a fuel pump plunger. Im with Rowze on this one..I have yet to see a part like that before in these engines
replyreply
12-30-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
(12-28-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Peterbilt in llyodminster, ab rebuilt mine cat c15 and magically something was wrong right away. when the motor was taken apart you could see circles from the exhaust and intake valves hitting the piston!

Edmonton, ab peterbilt rebuilt a isx 2250 and left the rubber plugs in the oil galleries that they had out in during a rebuild so crud wouldn't get it...... well oil wouldn't get in either after the rebuild!!!! Brought the truck to another shop because faith was obviously lost in Stahl peterbilt, because of that they would only cover parts and no labor..... Small price to pay as they would never warranty a warranty anyways.

Idiots everywhere

"peterbilt in lloydminster''. Know those guys well. Grew up in that area.
replyreply
12-30-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
[/quote]

"peterbilt in lloydminster''. Know those guys well. Grew up in that area.
[/quote]

Biggest bunch of morons ever. I had oil in my exhaust so I pulled the turbos and seen it was coming from the manifold, beyond my skill level so I brought it there.

Lorne called me to tell me my turbo was bad. $5000. I said ummm nope I've already verified that's wrong. He got all pissy and said "well Im sorry you think we're wrong but I trust my journeyman mechanics"... I told him it was coming from the motor and I could not believe the things that came out of his mouth!! "I don't know how to diagnose what isn't there" and "I'm not sure what to do"

I told him I know guys in Lloyd usually have money to burn and lose a lot so they don't mind throwing parts at trucks to avoid downtime but that's not me, so do your God damn job and properly diagnose it. I had to explain to him to remove the manifold and see which hole the oil was coming from. he finally called back to say I had big problems

no shi#t sherlock!!! oil out 3 exhaust ports.... turbo eh? he would have had me out the door 5 grand poorer with no solution.

I'm not even gonna get into what they did to my head and how I believe they scammed me! If I can find a way to match the head I've got to my original build list and confirm my suspicion's. ....... ooooooh boy.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
12-31-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
i think thats why a lot of guys are resorting to the only people they thrust to work on thier truck, themselves, not including some certain good mechanics and tuner guys on this form, i changed out the main and rod bearings in my 870 and i can say i enjoyed taken my time and tryen to do the best job a guy can do,
replyreply
12-31-2016, (Subject: What's this on oil pan magnet? ) 
(12-30-2016 )Brock Wrote:  I'm not even gonna get into what they did to my head and how I believe they scammed me! If I can find a way to match the head I've got to my original build list and confirm my suspicion's. ....... ooooooh boy.

On the ISX, The info for the head is stamped into the drivers side rear. It shows date of manufacture, etc. and if it is certified reman, it will have a "RX" added to the part number. -- Maybe this helps.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.