Turbo whisling
01-20-2017, (Subject: Turbo whisling ) 
RE: Turbo whisling
(01-19-2017 )axe Wrote:  
(01-19-2017 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  Brand new 2 months ago.

Ive seen brand new ones leak

Yup put one in July 1st, went 1900km empty to Milwaukee, loaded and took to Ft McMurray, Ab 2300km, then 520km home and replaced it. Just over 4000km, or less than 3000miles! Done!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(01-19-2017 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  I fixed that leak and the whisling noise was gone, ran great but was still losing coolant from the egr cooler. So ended up taking the turbo back off to fix the cooler issue. I had a brand new turbo gasket sitting with the new exhaust manifold gaskets and for some reason, could not find the gasket, so I had to reuse the existing gasket. Figured I would replace it when I got home the next weekend. Now I have not been able to get to it and the truck has been running great for the past couple weeks but I still suspect a turbo leak somewhere. Today the truck just would not boost past 30 to 34 and has less power than yesterday. And pulling some hills, it skips, kinda feels like it isn't getting fuel for a split second then comes right back. Now it isn't always boosting with the Jake's and throwing a code when it doesn't. Threw the code for 9 counts up and down 75 from Kentucky to 26 in North Carolina. Any ideas before I go and buy a new turbo?

Do you have pressure testing bladders & a compressed air regulator? Plug the intake before the turbo, plug the doser pipe, remove the turbo intake temp sensor install an adapter and apply regulated air at 15psi max to start. You'll find any intake or exhaust tract leaks right frigging quick!

I'll see if I can find the thread Rawze talks about them and add the link

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(01-20-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  I'll see if I can find the thread Rawze talks about them and add the link

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...21#pid8321

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
01-31-2017, (Subject: Turbo whisling ) 
Ok, I haven't been home yet to test for CAC and the intake and turbo leaks yet but I did notice that the truck was getting louder sometimes. I checked the exhaust and there is a leak in the front pipe, an aftermarket part that I bought against all advise. My bad. So will that produce lower turbo pressure's? The truck pulls like a bull on steroids up a hill but the pressures still won't go over 34 to 36 when I used to have to back off to prevent it from hitting 40 sometimes. It sounds good with the exhaust leaking, makes me want to put straight pipe on it. The stammering it had has stopped but I haven't pulled any in the mountains again yet. Finally getting home this weekend and since I have to have my 120 day inspection done I will be fixing the exhaust. I have changed the crank case breather filter on Saturday and it does need a service this weekend. I will try to check this post but since my dedicated run is gone now I have less time to get on here. Thanks for any and all help you all have given and will give.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
02-01-2017, (Subject: Turbo whisling ) 
(01-31-2017 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  .
I have changed the crank case breather filter on Saturday

this comes to mind.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
and this.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950
replyreply
(01-31-2017 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  Ok, I haven't been home yet to test for CAC and the intake and turbo leaks yet but I did notice that the truck was getting louder sometimes. I checked the exhaust and there is a leak in the front pipe, an aftermarket part that I bought against all advise. My bad. So will that produce lower turbo pressure's? The truck pulls like a bull on steroids up a hill but the pressures still won't go over 34 to 36 when I used to have to back off to prevent it from hitting 40 sometimes. It sounds good with the exhaust leaking, makes me want to put straight pipe on it. The stammering it had has stopped but I haven't pulled any in the mountains again yet. Finally getting home this weekend and since I have to have my 120 day inspection done I will be fixing the exhaust. I have changed the crank case breather filter on Saturday and it does need a service this weekend. I will try to check this post but since my dedicated run is gone now I have less time to get on here. Thanks for any and all help you all have given and will give.

After you get it solved, it sounds like you need to have the boost levels lowered a bit if it is really easy to get it to 40+.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Perfect thread that you sent me Rawze, when I changed the cc breather I noticed the milkey oil residue on the inside of the cover. Thinking I may have a compressor issue. Not loosing antifreeze anymore and haven't for over a month. So either compressor or too much blow-by. I do have the turbo chart redone in the parameter and was going to download it but this started before I got the chance. Thanks.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.