Truck will not start
11-21-2016, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
Truck will not start
I'm stuck at a dock, the truck will not start. I turn the key everything lights up as usual. The isn't even turning over, so I don't if it might be the ignition switch, or starter. I do have press the clutch to start this truck. Next where is the starter located on a cummins?[/size]
replyreply
RE: Truck will not start
Starter is located on driverside. Does starter make any noise? Click?
Check connections, positive and grounds from batteries to starter.
Could be just the relay on starter.

It is possible to hot wire from positive on battery if it is the relay.
Old trick, smack the starter with hammer several times.It works sometimes.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Some Cummins and CAT motors have a protection solenoid that prevents starting too soon after shutting off the truck. To prevent damage by starting and shutting off quickly back to back.

If you check batteries, cable connections and etc and all is well there, check to see if your truck has one of those protector solenoid, because it may have gone bad.

There are so many things it can be but like in2trux said, start with those things first he outlined.

What town are you in? It's a long shot, but maybe somebody from the forum is near by and can help you.
replyreply
Do you have any fault codes showing in the dash?
replyreply
Is there a main fuse back at battery box ? Some trucks have them.
replyreply
http://www.delcoremy.com/Documents/diagn...anual.aspx

I think this will help.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
11-22-2016, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
Could be the clutch switch, on a Prostar it is located above the kick panel on the right side of the clutch bar towards the fire wall. If you slid a large wrench up there on the firewall and right side of the clutch bar a weak switch can be trigger. It is magnetic put the truck in neutral and slid the wrench back and forth, it may work.
replyreply
Thanks, the truck started. I think it might be the ignition switch I 0layed with the key and worked.
The starter did make a click sound, went I tried to start the truck but didn't turn over.
replyreply
Is there a way to disable the clutch switch?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.