Paccar MX-13 tuning
10-22-2017, (Subject: Paccar MX-13 tuning ) 
RE: Paccar MX-13 tuning
(10-13-2017 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  
(10-13-2017 )Mx13Heavyhaul Wrote:  Yes, paccar does not play around. This is not the first time I have seen them replace the entire engine. How is the new engine e running ? You should have a few miles on her by now?

Truck isn’t mine and I haven’t followed up with the owner. Last I heard they were replacing the entire engine and after treatment system due to debris. Piece of the injector or piston took out the turbo. Which in turn filled after treatment with carnage. I wouldn’t be surprised if the truck isn’t out of the shop yet. Peterbilt was negotiating with him for compensation for down time though.

Where I work we have a fleet of 6 roll off trucks with the Paccar. We only have had 1 with a major engine failure. It was defective right from the dealer with head gasket issues. They replaced the complete engine and up the hp for free.

Now we have order a 2018 Ca legal 4 axle Heavy haul MX13 510hp 1850 torque with 18 spd. We will find out how well it does with hauling 140k gross.

I was hoping to find some info on tuners for this engine. I saw bully dog has a tuner for it. I'm afraid that would leave a foot print in the cpu. I have seen plug in tuners that go in after the cpu which would be best for what I need. There just isnt any real info on them by people that have used them.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paccar MX-13 tuning - Mx13Heavyhaul - 10-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.