Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo
11-25-2016, (Subject: Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo ) 
Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo
I have 4309076RX Cummins ISX Turbo.... I want buy seal in this turbo but i dont know part mumber. anyone know please just help me. Thank you very much.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201611/post_730_1480050963_0fb4d7e6908042a0516fd1866d531100.jpg
replyreply
RE: Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo
They (Cummins,dealers and Holset ) don't sell this part or any parts for their turbos !!!
I've learn this after calling all of them including Holset headquarters.
Your best bet is specialized store. Or search internet for kits including seals along with bearings .
But please read the next and be warned !
I guess this is the actuator shaft seal ? ... and I think the bushing is gone (badly worn) . Shaft probably is worn too .
Put shaft back in , and see if have much radial play . If this is the case new seal is not gonna prevent oil leak cause is not designed to work with more than minimal shaft radial play. Roughly 0,2 mm (0,0078-0,008 in), no more !

And this is BS , not to sell parts for their turbos !
But I guess they have a very good reason to do that!!!
replyreply
(11-25-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  They (Cummins,dealers and Holset ) don't sell this part or any parts for their turbos !!!
I've learn this after calling all of them including Holset headquarters.
Your best bet is specialized store. Or search internet for kits including seals along with bearings .
But please read the next and be warned !
I guess this is the actuator shaft seal ? ... and I think the bushing is gone (badly worn) . Shaft probably is worn too .
Put shaft back in , and see if have much radial play . If this is the case new seal is not gonna prevent oil leak cause is not designed to work with more than minimal shaft radial play. Roughly 0,2 mm (0,0078-0,008 in), no more !

And this is BS , not to sell parts for their turbos !
But I guess they have a very good reason to do that!!!

Just a guess here .. They probably don't sell parts because they don't want the liability claims against them if your turbo goes into runaway and causes a truck accident or your engine to blow up.

Personally, if my turbo needed new parts,.. I would simply reaplce the turbo. I am not out here to save a few bucks re-building something that can destroy my engine as it gets worn out, putting me at the end of a tow hook, and costing me 20x more than if i had just replaced it to begin with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
Runaway turbos sure are a sight to see! But I'd never want to go through that. If you find yourself in that unenviable situation, is the old school knife to an intake boot still your best bet?
replyreply
(11-25-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  Runaway turbos sure are a sight to see! But I'd never want to go through that. If you find yourself in that unenviable situation, is the old school knife to an intake boot still your best bet?

Option 1 stall it if possible
Option 2, see quote!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
if anyone knows which replacement parts sold elsewhere, let me know.If replacing the turbo is very expensive.... :((
replyreply
Call around to turbo rebuild shops. I know of 2 real close to me so finding one is not hard.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
11-26-2016, (Subject: Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo ) 
I have a question on the turbo oil consumption. I had a turbo leaking oil on the exhaust side bad enough that it eventually would not allow the VG piston to move properly. I tore it apart and don't really see a seal there. Had to take the turbo I put on off to replace the exhaust manifold gasket and find that I am still having a small amount of oil on the exhaust side. I will check the drain tube tomorrow but also read that the turbo uses some amount of exhaust back pressure to help prevent leaking at the exhaust side. Question is that since I have very limited back pressure could this be part of my problem. The engine doesn't seem to go through any more oil than usual, about a gallon in 10,000 miles so not sure if this is much of a concern and since it never does a regen anymore the oil is more noticeable in the exhaust pipe than it used to be. Anyone having this problem or had this problem in the past?

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
11-26-2016, (Subject: Hello all member. I need help about Cummins ISX Turbo ) 
The back pressure thing is balognie. Did you check upstream to see if you have any dampness around your exhaust ports?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.