High EGT......HELP!!!!
11-29-2016, (Subject: High EGT......HELP!!!! ) 
RE: High EGT......HELP!!!!
(11-29-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  That's a nice looking rig. The small trucks these days come wth big truck price tags.
At 215,000 miles÷ 7624 hours gives you a lifetime average of 28.2 mph.
Those are the the same numbers I see running NYC area, lots of idle time sitting in traffic.
Very hard on the emissions system so periodically doing a forced regen can help keep the filter from plugging.
Oil takes a beating under those conditions so you might consider going to an hour interval change instead of mileage and getting a bypass filter on it asap.

You say aftermarket DPF, that could be a source of problems too. Did they do a reset in aftertreatment maintenence when it was installed? Just thinking out loud.

Thank you.....I change the oil every 7,500 miles....I don't want to speak to soon, but I ran the truck all day (about 300 miles, 6 hrs.) With the crankcase ventilation tube disconnected, never shut it down, it was either running down the road or idling, and not the first CEL. Is it possible the tube is stopped up? I plan on driving it a few days to see what happens. And the code was for crankcase pressure and I just changed the filter and sensor 15,000 miles ago. ....thank you for the help
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: High EGT......HELP!!!! - Freddieg37 - 11-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.