What can be done to help a Volvo breath better.....
11-29-2016, (Subject: What can be done to help a Volvo breath better..... ) 
RE: What can be done to help a Volvo breath better.....
Soooooooo everything he said is 100% accurate. I can explain why.

back in the early stages of this body style was the D12D. The d12 (and othrrs) had a epg (exhaust pressure govenor) which would restrict the exhaust flow pushing it back into the egr when the engine was below a certain temp. Volo has always done things differently, you don't need to bump up the rpm when idling on a volvo motor because they self regulate their own heat so they don't slobber plus their oil pumps keep great pressure at all times.

To keep egr use down, they make the engine bay so it helps keep the motor warmer so the epg will be used less to push egr gases through.

Fast forward to 07 epa and volvo designed their d13 and d16 to run hotter than a lot of motors because they said it made it more fuel efficient. Any volvo shop for man will tell you that darn near every new volvo owner around that time called in concerned about temp's.

Volvo does not work well with Cummins to address these issued they have because volvo does not want you to buy a Cummins. same thing they've done with Eaton by making I shift factory standard.

They just aren't designed for the isx, 100% of r&d goes into integrated volvo powertrain.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can be done to help a Volvo breath better..... - Brock - 11-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.