Injector Life Expectancy
11-29-2016, (Subject: Injector Life Expectancy ) 
RE: Injector Life Expectancy
Well, I wouldn't say I "abused" my truck.
As there was no education or recommendations from either Cummins or KW as to the care and attention the aftertreatment system requires, then yes I did neglect that due to my own ignorance. I went to the local Cummins dealer before this truck came in to talk to them about the a/t system as I knew absolutely nothing about it, and they told me "Just drive it like you have every other truck you've owned, and bake your DPF every 3-4000hrs." So I did. Feel pretty stupid about it, but also kinda pissed considering I went to what I thought was the correct source to learn about it in the first place, only to be let down.
I did have the DPF baked at the recommended intervals, and replaced it when I got to the third interval, but of course I never completed an "EGR tune-up".
If only I'd have known then what I know now...
I had the mandate removed at 460k and inframed at 490k, but it wasn't MM, once again out of my own lack of knowledge. Then I found some of Rawze's old posts on TTR and started doing my research from there. Tune was changed to MM about 650k.

I don't "abuse" my truck, but I definitely work it. This truck has never done anything other than heavy haul, 7axle 130k lbs gross for its first 14months, then 9axle ~150-190k lbs gross since. I know by the atypical freight haulers standards this would be considered abuse, but it's all in how you operate it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector Life Expectancy - Unilevers - 11-29-2016,
RE: Injector Life Expectancy - Hammerhead - 11-29-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.