2250 Carnage Pictures
01-01-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures
What about all the pollution involved in making all those trucks and truck parts that have a lot less lifespan these days and energy consumed manufacturing them?- I guess that does not count?

What about the energy and fuel consumed delivering them?

What about all the pollution in making and using all the extra fuel that trucks simply waste in attempts to be compliant like lower fuel economy and fuel used to do regen.

What about all the large amounts of energy consumed in the making the giga-tons of manufactured urea every year for all these vehicles to consume? - What about the plastic containers and all the crap that went into making them too? - What about the fuel consumption of the delivery trucks used to transport and deliver it? - and the extra weight from having to carry it on your truck?

BTW, My take on it is that none of these egr systems themselves work to reduce anything any ways.

Starve the cylinders to not burn the fuel as efficiently in hopes to reduce NOx gas. It creates unburnt fuel molecules called soot. Trap that soot, then use even more fuel to burn it off at a later time. - At the end of the day, after the regen process, this cannot possibly be LESS, but only MORE. The math and logic just does not add up at all. Add in the use of urea to lower NOx, that is great, but all the energy in making and transporting the urea itself more than overwhelms the environmental savings if you ask me.

SCR systems also increase CO2 emissions. That can't be good either.

And .. What about the unused NH3 Amonia produced during the SCR heatng process in the SCR can? Last I checked -->

Amonia contributes to acid deposition and eutrophication, which in turn, can lead to potential changes occurring in soil and water quality. The subsequent impacts of acid deposition can be significant, including adverse effects on aquatic ecosystems in rivers and lakes, and damage to forests, crops and other vegetation.

The only real solutions I see would be to use a LOT less energy overall instead of playing this big game of save a little NOx gas here to consume it over there. Maybe to add to that, using and making equipment that simply is a lot more reliable and more fuel efficient above all else. I would think that if a truck could last say 25 years and be maintainable, that this would dictate a LOT less environmental impact alone.

What about all the Osmium (platinum) that is now known to be starting to cover the entire earth that is emitted via catalytic converters and DOC's from both cars AND trucks at higher and higher levels? - I have even seen youtube videos where people sweep up dust along the freeways and recover the platinum it is getting so bad.

Platinum/Osmium, even in very very low concentrations from what i have read can cause lung congestion, skin damage, severe eye damage, increased cancer rates in all major cities and surroundiongs, etc.

Am I missing something here?

I am not a tree-hugger by any means, but I see no overall environmental gains whatsoever except to line people's pockets. These standards only sere to let the engine makers sell expensive components with rare metals in them that constantly fail + line the oil makers pockets from all the wasted, extra fuel consumption. I find it an awful coincidence that as engines have become more efficient over the years, there is always some excuse for the EPA to ensure the consumers of fuel see none of those gains,.. all in the name of better emissions!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead , Texasdude74 , hhow55 , Sergiu , PuroCumminsPower , LargeCar , DSTdriver
(01-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  all newer common rail isx enignes should come with a big warning label to change plungers every 400k miles.

It is getting to the point with these crap trucks, the big red warning label should say "REPLACE TRUCK EVERY 400,000 MILES". Just pray it goes that far...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , gatow900
I hear ya Marajin!
They keep looking at the net output of each individual truck instead of the growing gross output of the everything required to support the minute net savings of each individual.
If they would have invested as much time and energy into increasing efficiency, we should be getting 15mpg with trucks that have 20-30 year life cycles!
That would have have an obvious environment impact. Less waste equipment, less energy to produce new equipment, less energy to produce the fuel to operate said equipment...aparently we just don't understand?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
01-03-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
So whats involved in replacing these pluggers as far as time materials and special tools. If you just bought a used truck do you replace them. Looks like a good opertunity for aftermarket parts? thanks
replyreply
01-04-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
were these used on 2008 isx cummins model year .has rawze done a video on replacing them ?????
replyreply
(01-04-2017 )Rock hound trucking Wrote:  were these used on 2008 isx cummins model year .has rawze done a video on replacing them ?????

We are lucky, NO, this fuel pump mess is not on our trucks, and thank GOD!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rock hound trucking
(01-03-2017 )Shipit Wrote:  So whats involved in replacing these pluggers as far as time materials and special tools. If you just bought a used truck do you replace them. Looks like a good opertunity for aftermarket parts? thanks

There was a recall on these, and a repair kit I believe. Sadly, the recall has ended. There is a replacement pump, and it ain't cheap. Cummins should be hung out to dry on this fiasco.
replyreply
I can see my pump don't have any red paint on it and looks a bit rusty maybe it's been changed. Is the replacement pump any better or will it have the same issue. Thanks
replyreply
(01-04-2017 )Shipit Wrote:  I can see my pump don't have any red paint on it and looks a bit rusty maybe it's been changed. Is the replacement pump any better or will it have the same issue. Thanks

I know of a truck owner and his brother that got 2 2013 trucks brand new from dealer. BOTH the trucks had unpainted fuel pump heads. Dealer assured him they were updated, and that was why they were no longer painted red. --- 452,000 miles later, one of the trucks got a fuel pressure code. 300 miles later, the fuel pump was pulled apart, and not only did it still have ceramic plungers, but they had gone through the engine in that 300 miles bad enough that most of the engine had to be disassembled to get the shrapnel out of it. It had already started taking out the cams and everything else.

Needless to say, they pulled the fuel pump on the other truck apart, and it had the bad parts in it too. It just hadn't failed quite yet.

===

SO -- If you think for one moment that since it is NOT painted red,,... you are ok,... well, I am not a gambling type myself. I would want to know WITHOUT ANY QUESTION OR DOUBT what I had, considering the entire engine's future is at stake.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead , gatow900 , Koala007 , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.