2250 Carnage Pictures
01-04-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures
honestly if it were mine i dont care if i bought the pump brand new i would pull that pump head off and check it. the 50 bucks it costs for the head gasket is money well spent.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , Waterloo , Hammerhead , gatow900 , Sergiu , LargeCar , Toolguy
I still run into guys at truck stops with 2011-12 cm2250 with 3 cylinder pump and I tell them they should swap it out asap because it's a ticking time bomb and it will take out the engine. They look at me like this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, probably think I'm crazy inside their head.
replyreply
(01-04-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I still run into guys at truck stops with 2011-12 cm2250 with 3 cylinder pump and I tell them they should swap it out asap because it's a ticking time bomb and it will take out the engine. They look at me like this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, probably think I'm crazy inside their head.

I get that all the time, trying to pass on the knowledge I've learned here but at the end of the day they end up doing the same stupid shi#t because who am I? They trust the guy at the tuner shop who talks a good game.

Just happened to a coworker. Tried my best to steer him towards unilevers but he went to a retard in Edmonton and now he is rebuilding a 2250.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , snailexpress , PuroCumminsPower , Starlight , LargeCar , Toolguy
it gets expensive fast
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , Waterloo , Starlight , Toolguy
Never trade DPF issues for engine problems via a bad delete. Bad deletes are everywhere and it seems like there is a shop around every corner just itching to take your money, talking a good game.

It is always more expensive in the end to do such things without a LOT of research than the problems you thought you had had before.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Toolguy
(01-04-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Just happened to a coworker. Tried my best to steer him towards unilevers but he went to a retard in Edmonton and now he is rebuilding a 2250.
Just wanna clarify, I AM NOT the idiot in Edmonton...but I've got a hundred on who it is...

(01-04-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  it gets expensive fast
Snowball...runaway freight train...B!G N@M3 delete...take your pic, all the same thing

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
(01-04-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I still run into guys at truck stops with 2011-12 cm2250 with 3 cylinder pump and I tell them they should swap it out asap because it's a ticking time bomb and it will take out the engine. They look at me like this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, probably think I'm crazy inside their head.

I get that all the time, trying to pass on the knowledge I've learned here but at the end of the day they end up doing the same stupid shi#t because who am I? They trust the guy at the tuner shop who talks a good game.

Just happened to a coworker. Tried my best to steer him towards unilevers but he went to a retard in Edmonton and now he is rebuilding a 2250.

Same here, they look at me like I have a "Idiot" stamped on my forehead... Most of the guys I speak with can barely check their oil... It is that bad. Kevin Rutherford School of Trucking graduates is all I can figure... To each his own... Sad thing is, I have the receipts to prove my knowledge. Whatever... Kick the dust off your shoes and carry on... You cannot fix stupid. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alexkyle , LargeCar
01-05-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
(01-04-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 )Brock Wrote:  

Same here, they look at me like I have a "Idiot" stamped on my forehead... Most of the guys I speak with can barely check their oil... It is that bad. Klevis rustlestud School of Trucking graduates is all I can figure... To each his own... Sad thing is, I have the receipts to prove my knowledge. Whatever... Kick the dust off your shoes and carry on... You cannot fix stupid. ;-)

It is not just drivers that would rather be kept in the dark with their head in the sand. It seems to be a plague these days among a lot of different fields, including the repair shops and even custom tuning/programming too. I know of plenty of people of all intelligence levels that would rather argue away something that does not belong in their way of doing things, rather than expand and research more on what someone else might know. A lot of times people take a different perspective on something as an attack on who they are and what they know instead of stepping back for a moment and dusting off the old possibility that maybe something new can be learned and shared.

- I see it in the repair shops, when a driver who knows his truck well, asks a mechanic to do a proper leak-down test, after the mechanic informs that all of his injectors are bad, just because the engine runs a bit rough. Another one is a driver that asks for a turbo be pulled apart and inspected BEFORE the mechanic bills him for a new one when all the mechanic did was hook up a computer, and see a turbo fault code, not even opening the hood. -- In fact, most mechanics who know a lot and are good at what they do,.. will get downright defensive and angry at those who would see a flaw in what they do.

Calling out a missed step, even if it is legitimate, out of simply trying to get the best result for your truck,.. And what you get in return, instead of "lets investigate this" or "Ok, lets do it that way, your paying me by the clock,.. see if we get the same conclusion ... " -- You instead get someone who would defend their ignorance with a ferocity and anger that only makes themselves look very bad to everyone who would actually know better. The person who looses in the end? -- THE MECHANIC!. Because the truck owner or driver will find someone else to do it right, or do it themselves out of the frustration of not finding anyone up to their confidence level.

- It is truly sad, because people like that will resort to attacks on the intelligence and credibility of others just to make themselves feel better about their own ignorance, rather than admit that no matter who you are,.. and how much you might think you know about something,.. There will always be someone else who knows a bit of info you do not know, or a trick you have not seen, or simply have had a different experience that you may actually benefit from too in the end.

It goes back to the saying -- "Put 10 truckers in a room and a clock,,.. ask them what time it is,.. and before you get a straight answer,... there will be 5 arguments, two fist fights, a hospital visit, and 8 different answers in the end."

Now that I am on this subject ..

People who do custom ECM tuning are the same way, only much, much worse. The only sad part in that is,.. Ignorance runs amok and out of control within their ranks and peoples equipment suffers as a result. -- It seems to be a sad game of "I know more than you do", -- only -- The largest majority of them do the same things,.. and make the same mistakes, simply because "it worked for them" or "thats how the big guys do it". - They are quick to resort to damaging the credibility of any available research or documents on the subject, simply because they think someone else might find a flaw in what they are already doing,.. or that they might loose business because someone might find out how easy it was, and do things themselves instead of paying thousands of dollars for poor quality work, played up by heavy advertisements and glossy-looking Internet sites.

I am sorry, but just about anyone these days can make fancy sites with shiny truck parts in the background with a gimik or even a pile of turds for sale. There will be those who see the shiny engines and buy everything they can from them, bragging about their shiny new turd, defending it heavily when someone else asks,.. Why did you buy a turd and install it onto the side of your engine?

I tell people and encourage them to think for themselves,.. don't believe a word you see on the tv, radio, or even the Internet,.. Not even from here, or even from me for that matter. I make youtube videos so that people can educate themselves on how to make wise decisions with their trucks. I don't make them so that I can look good, or make a profit off them. I make them to help others with the little bit of info I have gathered myself. I am not a mechanic, I do not have a shop, and I have always helped people with their trucks for free, including re-building entire engines with them whenever I can. - BUT, I also cannot always have people here,,. so it is invite only, and I tend to help people a time or two or three,.. Then try to help someone else a bit. I see it as ...

"Give a dog a fish, he will eat for a day -- TEACH a dog to fish, he will eat for a lifetime".

It is not mine, nor anyone else's place to profit from someone else's fish. That is simply wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead , nirubini , DSTdriver , Starlight , alexkyle , LargeCar , Toolguy
01-05-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
Well said Rawze. Few men out there, but many egos... I wish I knew as much as (fill in the blank)... I'm dumb as a post, but I am learning how to fish. Thank you Rawze, you are an awesome "Teacher". I would be broke and homeless if not for you, along with the many men here, Unilever comes to mind, and everyone else, to many to name. Thanks for doing what you do, ALL OF YOU!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DSTdriver , alexkyle , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.