2250 Carnage Pictures
01-07-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures
2011 to 2012 pumps had ceramic plungers. 2013 came with updated parts.
replyreply
01-08-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
THIS IS WHAT THE NEW 2 CYLINDER LOOKS LIKE
http://rawze.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=1783

THIS IS THE OLDER PUMP

http://rawze.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=1784

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , gearhead , Waterloo
(01-07-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  2011 to 2012 pumps had ceramic plungers. 2013 came with updated parts.

That is only PARTIALLY true!.

MANY of the 2-piston pumps had ceramic plungers!... MANY!. --- INCLUDING MANY CM2350 ENGINES! ---

Just because your TRUCK may be a 2013 or 2014, or newer, it does not mean your ENGINE is that new!

Most of the time the build date on the engine is a YEAR OR MORE OLDER than the truck. -- IF your ENGINE (or fuel pump) was built before June of 2013 --- IT HAD CERAMIC PLUNGERS from the factory! -- THIS INCLUDES a lot of CM2350 ENGINES!. Many of them were build before this date, and installed into trucks as new as 2014, and even a few 2015!. This means you could have a 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, or even a 2015 TRUCK,.. and STILL have ceramic plungers!.

You could very well have a newer style 2-piston pump, painted or even un-painted, A newer truck, etc. etc. --- YOU CANNOT TELL BY LOOKING AT THE OUTSIDE OF IT and then pissing this info away because you are too cheap or lazy to have it inspected!.

=====

LASTLY--- WHO CARES WHAT PLUNGERS YOU HAVE --- THE NEWER STEEL PLUNGERS FAIL TOO!!! ---- CHECK AND REPLACE YOUR FUEL PUMP TAPPETS AND PLUNGERS EVERY 400K MILES LIKE CLOCKWORK, STEEL, CERAMIC, WHATEVER IS IN THERE! -- PERIOD!.

And if you aren't 120% ABSOLUTELY SURE what you got --- HAVE THE HEAD PULLED OFF AND INSEPECT IT!!! -- PERIOD! --- and replace the tappets and plungers anyways, just for good measure!.

Like it was mentioned --- Owning a CM2250 or CM2350 (2011 and newer engines) you have "A grenade on the side of your engine just waiting to go off with no warning, destroying everything in short order!". - DON'T wait for the grenade to go off before telling yourself "I should have..." -- I have seen it time and time again already!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Fixmytruck123 , Hammerhead , szartman379 , RPM1 , Doublecoin , LargeCar , Toolguy
Like we ain't got enough to worry or be concerned about out here. SAD.
replyreply
01-23-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
I called Cummins with my s/n he told me my 2250 had the pump head replaced and later the whole pump was replaced a year and half ago under warranty. I questioned him if the updated pump has steel plungers he lead me to believe that improvements to the plungers were made but he thought they were still ceramic ?
replyreply
(01-23-2017 )Shipit Wrote:  I called Cummins with my s/n he told me my 2250 had the pump head replaced and later the whole pump was replaced a year and half ago under warranty. I questioned him if the updated pump has steel plungers he lead me to believe that improvements to the plungers were made but he thought they were still ceramic ?

Total waste of time to call a stealership or OEM shop and ask those questions!. They can tell you roughly what was done under warranty, but seriously have NO CLUE what is in your engine!

If the pump was replaced completely in 2014, then perhaps you are lucky and have steel plungers,.. but the only way to know for sure is to take it apart and see.

Myself, I am not a gambling type, so as that pump gets 400k miles or on it, it is time to open it up and replace its guts any ways, steel, ceramic, whatever it has in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Shipit
After all I and many others have been through with these motors, I would have to pull that pump apart and inspect those plungers. A few hours down time is worth it just to be certain. Even if you have to take it in and pay a few hours labor. The consequences are just to much, you don't want to go through the pain of an unexpected in frame if you can easily avoid it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Shipit , Starlight , Texasdude74 , szartman379 , Toolguy
01-27-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
To pull the head off and check will take an hour or less. Cheap insurance.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , szartman379
01-29-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
So, replacing the plungers and tappets is something we can do with the fuel pump still on the engine? Anything I should know before I dive in there? Shade tree mechanic here lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.