2250 Carnage Pictures
04-13-2017, (Subject: 2250 Carnage Pictures ) 
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures
(04-13-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Hammerhead: Thanks, I wish I had, had the time to research this before I bit the bullet on the new setup. Had a customer nipping at my heels... I may still give it a try though old pump is sitting in my brothers shop, while I decide whether to rebuild it for a spare and try to find a good used gear pump, or take it out back to the scrap pile! Halfpint: there you go, if you don't have anything leaking, I would take that sucker apart, inspect it and if all looks well, rebuild with the parts above!

No problem.
I only know about the part kit by accident. When he decided to double check his pump, I told my buddy to get a set of steel plungers just in case so that we had them if needed, and we'd return them if not. Cummins told him of this kit and he's like me, sometimes it just makes more sense to change associated parts while you're in there so he got the kit instead. His reasoning was "If the plungers were ceramic, then putting new plungers into used barrel bores didn't make sense. If the plungers were steel and were sticking, as per procedure, we'll need the barrels anyhow."
I agreed. But even with the kit part number, I still cannot find the kit on Quickserve! Add to that, the procedure specifically says NOT to remove the tappet barrel from the head, yet the kit comes assembled and requires removal and reinstallation. This pisses me off, because without the procedure, what do you torque it too? I had to mount the head in the vise and had to "tap" my 1-3/8" wrench with a hammer to break the barrels free. I had to resort to G&FT torque spec, and I do not like to do things that way.

If anyone comes across the procedure and correct torque spec for the tappet barrels into the head, I'd sure appreciate the info, the dealer that supplied the kit couldn't provide the torque spec, they said to bring it in and they would do it...I'm still laughing.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , snailexpress , scottydogtruck , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures - Unilevers - 01-04-2017,
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures - Unilevers - 01-04-2017,
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures - Hammerhead - 04-13-2017
RE: 2250 Carnage Pictures - Unilevers - 04-15-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.