Computerized gauges
12-01-2016, (Subject: Computerized gauges ) 
Computerized gauges
Newbe here . I Took a look behind the panel of my new to me 2012 T660. Wow I guess I lived in the stone age too long!
I wish to swap my def quantity gauge and fuel gauge. Due to the steering wheel blocking my view. I was surprised to see I have 8 gauges and they all work off only four wires the same wires too I'm sure two are for lighting. Now the wires (gauge jumpers) aren't long enough to do this with out changing the order. This is all new to me my other truck has analog steam gauges. With my limited knowledge of a data bus wiring it is that my belief is the gauge positions could be moved without needing to reconfigure ip address with what you call esa? Might be a dumb question just thought I should ask someone before trying it. Thanks
replyreply
12-01-2016, (Subject: Computerized gauges ) 
RE: Computerized gauges
(12-01-2016 )Shipit Wrote:  Newbe here . I Took a look behind the panel of my new to me 2012 T660. Wow I guess I lived in the stone age too long!
I wish to swap my def quantity gauge and fuel gauge. Due to the steering wheel blocking my view. I was surprised to see I have 8 gauges and they all work off only four wires the same wires too I'm sure two are for lighting. Now the wires (gauge jumpers) aren't long enough to do this with out changing the order. This is all new to me my other truck has analog steam gauges. With my limited knowledge of a data bus wiring it is that my belief is the gauge positions could be moved without needing to reconfigure ip address with what you call esa? Might be a dumb question just thought I should ask someone before trying it. Thanks

The jumpers are a sort of "daisy-chain". The order for the gauges plugged into them does not matter as long as the daisy-chain goes from one to the next - to the next ...

Yes, you can swap them around. Just unplug them from the jumpers and put the into their new locations and put the jumpers back onto them.

ONE SERIOUS WORD OF CAUTION!!!--- THOSE PACCCAR PANELS AND CAB CONTROLLERS ARE FLAKY AS ALL HELL!!!!

WHATEVER
YOU DO! -- Do not unplug/plug, or test the connection for the gauges while the keys-witch is on,.. AND DO NOT TURN ON HEY-SWITCH WHILE ANY GAUGES ARE UNPLUGGED!!-- The damn cab controller will fail the gauge sometimes permanently until you hard reset it.

If anything acts flaky, or the back-lights for the gauges refuse to come on after, you will have to hard reset the cab control module by pulling all the battery cables from your batteries and letting it sit for 30 min or so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-02-2016, (Subject: Computerized gauges ) 
Wow thank you much! I purchased a pyrogauge from Glowshift was going to mount the thermocouple externally as you suggested in a video. I waz wondering if you or someone has a estimate of the temperature spread between a internal one at operating temps or more important what temp would be considered excessive with that set up?. I've been in the truck 2 weeks or so now and I see the hot EGT light on 3 times and maybe around 1000 mile intervals aways during deceleration and twice just after using Jake brake. Engine seems a bit rough for a short time while this is going on. My guess the truck is doing a regen ?? There is no exhaust filter light coming on though.
At all time the turbo scheduling at idle all over the place. Usually don't hear it for 10 seconds after starting then it kinda wonders around. Is that normal. Boost gauge going in this weekend. I checked the cold side impeller seems nice free and no slop. Might be normal ops but I am nervous about it until I learn what I've got. Thanks
replyreply
(12-02-2016 )Shipit Wrote:  Wow thank you much! I purchased a pyrogauge from Glowshift was going to mount the thermocouple externally as you suggested in a video. I waz wondering if you or someone has a estimate of the temperature spread between a internal one at operating temps or more important what temp would be considered excessive with that set up?. I've been in the truck 2 weeks or so now and I see the hot EGT light on 3 times and maybe around 1000 mile intervals aways during deceleration and twice just after using Jake brake. Engine seems a bit rough for a short time while this is going on. My guess the truck is doing a regen ?? There is no exhaust filter light coming on though.
At all time the turbo scheduling at idle all over the place. Usually don't hear it for 10 seconds after starting then it kinda wonders around. Is that normal. Boost gauge going in this weekend. I checked the cold side impeller seems nice free and no slop. Might be normal ops but I am nervous about it until I learn what I've got. Thanks

No, it is not normal for the turbo to "wonder" like that. There is a sensor reading badly,.. (most likely yher IMAP). Do t athourough EGR tune-up if it has not already been done. It will help a TON!.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

As well, exhaust restrictions will cause it to hunt like that too.

I have seen many trucks with BOTH pyro on the outside of manifold, and a second sensor in the pipe (placed into the exhaust stream) at the same time. It is only about 50 degrees difference or so most of the time in a hard pull. On the outside though,.. you can monitor the overall heat buildup of the manifold and turbo. That is more important than what the EGT is at any given moment. It is this buildup of overall heat that the turbo does not like.

Pyro mounted on the outside of manifold, you should not let it get above 900 degrees or so in a long pull. That is all the turbo can take long term.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-02-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 )Shipit Wrote:  Wow thank you much! I purchased a pyrogauge from Glowshift was going to mount the thermocouple externally as you suggested in a video. I waz wondering if you or someone has a estimate of the temperature spread between a internal one at operating temps or more important what temp would be considered excessive with that set up?. I've been in the truck 2 weeks or so now and I see the hot EGT light on 3 times and maybe around 1000 mile intervals aways during deceleration and twice just after using Jake brake. Engine seems a bit rough for a short time while this is going on. My guess the truck is doing a regen ?? There is no exhaust filter light coming on though.

No, it is not normal for the turbo to "wonder" like that. There is a sensor reading badly,.. (most likely yher IMAP). Do t athourough EGR tune-up if it has not already been done. It will help a TON!.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

As well, exhaust restrictions will cause it to hunt like that too.

I have seen many trucks with BOTH pyro on the outside of manifold, and a second sensor in the pipe (placed into the exhaust stream) at the same time. It is only about 50 degrees difference or so most of the time in a hard pull. On the outside though,.. you can monitor the overall heat buildup of the manifold and turbo. That is more important than what the EGT is at any given moment. It is this buildup of overall heat that the turbo does not like.

Pyro mounted on the outside of manifold, you should not let it get above 900 degrees or so in a long pull. That is all the turbo can take long term.
Was wondering that same thing....just installed both my pyro and boost gauges.....

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.